Approved permit (urgent)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crusher

Club Guest
I got urgent question for all sifus here. My friend bought a recond BMW from a dealer. She was shown a photostated AP. Proceeded to purchase the car and change the ownership and all. Paid for the car in full. Now she go back to the dealer for the AP and other things. Dealer give photostat AP and said they only have that. I was like wtf? Now the questions are - Is this normal practice? Is it legal?- Who has the original AP?- WIll there be any problems later on when selling the car?Please advice asap.

I think its correct that the approved permit is a photocopy. The original should be with customs. I have had 2 CBU vehicles with me and there's no issue when getting loan from the bank or selling it.

You mean the bank does not ask for the AP? Long time ago I sold my car, the buyer asked me for the AP, bank need it, without AP car cannot be sold

My car has an AP and I dealt with it myself.

The AP is given to the importer upon approval (in my case, me, in your case, the recon dealer)

Then the importer bring the AP to customs to pay import tax. AP still with importer.

Now bring the import tax receipt, AP and Puspakom test to JPJ for car registration. At this point JPJ took all original documents including UK/Jap etc registration card, leaving the importer with only photocopies.

So theres no foul play here, there will be only photocopies in your friend's case. But still that photocopy is very very important, dont lose it.

crusher;713686 said:
You mean the bank does not ask for the AP? Long time ago I sold my car, the buyer asked me for the AP, bank need it, without AP car cannot be sold

Bank will need the AP, and the photocopy will suffice.

Top Bottom