Anyone lowered their E23 before?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

M30

Club Guest
Has anyone lowered their E23 before coz i am thinking of lowering my E23 and add on bigger rims. The only thing is that i am worried it would kill too much of the ride comfort.

Planning to lower mine. Will update you once mission completed. On the other hand kindly inform me if you have done yours too. Take it easy mike :)

lowered mine too...

check them out....pm for enquiries!

13275181148093l.jpg

13275173464662l.jpg

1327516532568l.jpg

mafia... What sort of lowering springs were used? And the average cost? Are E24 setups similar with the E23?

the e24 has the similar setup as the e28 or e12...the e28 springs will fit i guess...

i have a set of H & R lying around for my next project....mayb u wanna try fit n see?

Mafia...would the lowered spring cause any problem to any of the suspension components and the body/chasis?

nice car.......I use Eibach for my E-38......very comfort. No problem

BMW7 said:
nice car.......I use Eibach for my E-38......very comfort. No problem
are u using the full set or just the springs?how much did u pay for it?

We bring you this post for an Important announcement...

Goodies worth Rm80K is up for grabs and a Lucky draw prize to die for (literally if it does a Titanic) so pls do register for The Annual Dinner thats goin to happen on the 16th of September and be part of history...

Wow...that is kind of pricy for just the springs. Are they proggresive springs or linear springs? My lowering project should be just around the corner coz my stock springs are gone, the rights side springs are sagging big time. Goin to lower it by 30mm, hope it is low enough to get the looks. Will post some pics after it is done.

M30, i already lowered my E23 recently. I only go to workshop cut-off 1.5 ring from the original coil. My ride is more smoother and the connering more better than b4. Just RM40 for the workmanship, no hassle done.

ez77 said:
M30, i already lowered my E23 recently. I only go to workshop cut-off 1.5 ring from the original coil. My ride is more smoother and the connering more better than b4. Just RM40 for the workmanship, no hassle done.

Cool...but should it still cornering still feel the same since the spring rate is still the same. Alot of people say it is not safe to cut the spring. How much did it drop ur car by?(height)

I would say its not generally recomended to "potong coil" but if its looks your looking for then go ahead. Anyway RM1300 for a set of Eibachs is pretty reasonable because original is aboout RM 200 plus a piece, but I doubt if you can find Eibachs for e23 brand new.

Alternatively use e32 springs for the rear, I use it on my car and the rear doesn't sag as much under heavy loads. I don't think front can fit e32 springs though.

Mazin aka whl

whl said:
I would say its not generally recomended to "potong coil" but if its looks your looking for then go ahead. Anyway RM1300 for a set of Eibachs is pretty reasonable because original is aboout RM 200 plus a piece, but I doubt if you can find Eibachs for e23 brand new.

Alternatively use e32 springs for the rear, I use it on my car and the rear doesn't sag as much under heavy loads. I don't think front can fit e32 springs though.

Mazin aka whl

After market springs that i found is RM680 for all sides. Lower the car by 30mm, but not sure if that is low enough or not. I am still trying to get the original ride height or ground clearance so that i can look for the springs that lower my car to the height i wan.

Do u think i can fit the e32 sports springs on all sides?

M30 said:
After market springs that i found is RM680 for all sides. Lower the car by 30mm, but not sure if that is low enough or not. I am still trying to get the original ride height or ground clearance so that i can look for the springs that lower my car to the height i wan.

Do u think i can fit the e32 sports springs on all sides?

I don't e32 spring can fit in the front. So what after market spring have you found?

Mazin aka whl

whl said:
I don't e32 spring can fit in the front. So what after market spring have you found?

Mazin aka whl

So far i have only found springs and shocks from HotBits. Lower the car by 30mm.

Top Bottom