Any thoughts on e36 320i (M) convertible?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I dont have any with me right now its in my home pc. Silver color, stock standard with M-Contour...

I have intentions to change the rims to that of the wheel on that green convertible posted earlier in this thread...any thoughts ? I think thats the original 16' for convertibles...

Yea you know I was looking for that exact set from the time I bought the car till the time I sold it still couldn't find it so yea if you can find a set go for it i think it suits the lines of the car best out of all the oem rims

hehe...not very encouraging aint it? anyway thanks and why did you sell you cabrio ?

Hehe for you in Malaysia I think its much easier to source parts. In the 4-5 yrs we owned the cabrio we only put down slightly over 17k kms mileage and there were some times we only used the car once in 2 wks. Had a few problems with the car too, ABS brake pump sprung a leak, steering rack slight leaking, camshaft/crankshaft sensor konked out. Wheel bearings, absorber top mount...But other than that the car was solid, powerful esp in sports mode it sounded so musical and so smooth especially when passing through tunnels rising up to 5000 rpm.
By the end of our ownership the roof mechanism was almost on the way out already and the power windows were starting to act up also in the end we decided enough was enough better to buy a new practical car. We got a good deal for a brand new 0 mileage 318i anyway, ended up cheaper than buying a Camry..

Haha...tell me bout it. I had all the parts you mentioned replaced, including roof motor and module. All is new, and the list still goes on :) Its a very good experience for me, my first convertible anyway. Makes me think that everyone should have a convertible in the garage if possible, but not as the only car. Its a different kind of experience. Its like riding a bike without helmet, and surrounded and safer i suppose.

Happy New Year to all :)

EuJax;697626 said:
Hi spikyone,

I did. I found a 328i from a fellow forummer in end 09 and been driving it till now. No regrets so far, top down is a different experience altogether. It's an auto though....

me too !! Got the 325 auto as my weekend ride now !!

Top Bottom