Any suggestions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vsmpyscho

Club Guest
Hi all, Just wondering where would be the best place to service a 1984 E24 in KL or PJ? Am also interested in obtaining an owners manual - any ideas where to get one?Thanks in advance :D

Thanks Nik!

Will check out the links and also pm Kaiza635CSI.
Would like to meet up with all of you at the next TT but I need to make sure the car can make it to Kelana Jaya and back in the dark! :)

Need to check up on the car before I make such a 'longer' trip.
Some of the bulbs are out including d third brake lite too! :(

If anyone intends to do a TT closer to Ampang or Desa Pandan - count me in!

Back and fro in one piece? I know the feeling all too well. But somehow it survived the JB trip.

Newsflash... my 6 is in the workshop yet again. No more Evo chasing for the time being. Haha...

Don't mean to intrude but is the e24 that unreliable? Touch wood,my e23 and a few of the other e23 forummers don't have those kind of horror stories.

Mazin aka whl

With the right amount of TLC, the E24 would be a dream. Can't say the same about mine since it's been bastardised. (don't ask!)

In vsmpyscho's case, the problem lies with the previous owner who mixed and matched parts from late 70s-80s models. It's just a matter of sorting everything out again.

I know 2 other people with 628s who have no problems whatsoever.

whl,

No intention to scare away potential E24 owners! My lights were out so I didnt want to make the trip in case the mata mata comes after me. Headlights and brake lights are out - maybe wiring or bulb kaput. Touch wood thats all.....

On the mix ups - this is a 1984 628CSIA model - the confusing parts
are the 630 pre 82 bumpers and the antenna is on the driver's rear (the later version has at the left passenger rear).

The interior is the post 82 updated version with onboard trip computer, two gauge pod clusters and hinged lid door pockets.

Am working out the car bit by bit to find out if its a frankenstein!

Any 628 owners out there whos willing to share a photo of their bumpers and interior pics to allow me to compare? Thanks in advance.

Have taken photos of the six and will post them later in the week.

Thanks

vern, Just drop by AMC and have a look at their red E24. Ask for Rudy or Robbie. They'll be more than happy to let you check out the car.

Originally posted by vsmpyscho@Jan 24 2006, 10:03 AM
whl,

No intention to scare away potential E24 owners! My lights were out so I didnt want to make the trip in case the mata mata comes after me. Headlights and brake lights are out - maybe wiring or bulb kaput. Touch wood thats all.....

On the mix ups - this is a 1984 628CSIA model - the confusing parts
are the 630 pre 82 bumpers and the antenna is on the driver's rear (the later version has at the left passenger rear).

The interior is the post 82 updated version with onboard trip computer, two gauge pod clusters and hinged lid door pockets.

Am working out the car bit by bit to find out if its a frankenstein!

Any 628 owners out there whos willing to share a photo of their bumpers and interior pics to allow me to compare? Thanks in advance.

Have taken photos of the six and will post them later in the week.

Thanks
Your car doesn't sound too Frankenstein to me. Mix and matching body parts won't do harm to reliability but maybe fanatics might frown upon it. My own car actually was mixed by the previous owner. It's originally a shark nose but converted to the newer more appealing post-82 nose.

Mazin aka whl

Top Bottom