Any good reliable mechanics @ Cheras / KL?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lwloh

Club Guest
Hello to all the E39 sifus,I am a newbie here. Let me introduce myself. I am Lin Wei, from Cheras, age :31 working as an engineer.I am looking to get an E39 525 and found a few around. However i would like sifus help to introduce me some good reliable and honest mechanics or workshops around Cheras, KL area or PJ too.I could give them a call and ask for their help and pay them for their services to come and see and access the condition for the car before i buy it. Hopefully if i do get the E39 too, will look for them for the services as well.Thanks for your help.lwloh

lwloh,
Try this place

WP Auto, Pandan Indah
Directions to WP Auto (Albert Fang 012-2017792, open from 9.30am and close Sunday) as follows,
If you are coming from Ampang on MRR2, go past the overhead bridge that turns to Pandan Indah/Pandan Mewah. About 300 meters, take the left turning after the block of apartments. About 200 meters ahead you will approach a traffic lights. Steven's Corner will be on your far left while a Used Car lot & Balai Bomba will be on your right.

At this traffic light, turn right. Make a left turn after 50m (opposite Police Station) and you will be facing the side lane of two blocks of shop houses. Drive through this side lane and you will see Albert's workshop on your left.

Albert of WP Auto has my vote also. Nice fella and most importantly does good work.

I need to find a good, regular mechanic that I could go to too...I'll pay him a visit soon...is his price reasonable? where does albert get the parts from?

Hi Jerman,

Thanks for your help. I just came back from viewing a car in Klang. E39 525 year 2002 with mileage if 55k. i don't know much bout how the E39 is suppose to sound, but it's quite a free-revving engine. The car is a local Auto Bavaria car. But i think it's a bit on the expensive side.

I called up Albert and told him if i do get the car, i will send it down to him for a check-up first b4 buying.

lwloh;479032 said:
Hi Jerman,

Thanks for your help. I just came back from viewing a car in Klang. E39 525 year 2002 with mileage if 55k. i don't know much bout how the E39 is suppose to sound, but it's quite a free-revving engine. The car is a local Auto Bavaria car. But i think it's a bit on the expensive side.

I called up Albert and told him if i do get the car, i will send it down to him for a check-up first b4 buying.

A few club members included me have viewed this E39 525i CKD car (Black colour). It was registered in 2002 but manufactured in 2000. Further info read comments http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30500

Hi Herbert,

OMG thanx for that link. starting to gimme the scare. Yeh, I suspect it's the same car cause the chasis number i checked thru realoem also stated it's manufacture in 11 /2000 and it's black in colour too. Guess i don't have to waste my time to go to AB to check thru their records.

lwloh,

A few of our members has given a pass for this car (yr 2000) because the asking price of RM118K is on a high side. Anyway, the dealer told me he is waiting for a "water fish" buyer and perhaps you are not one of them!!!

If you are still looking for a 525i CKD model, there are 2 units at Subang & Sunway used car dealers.

herbert;479079 said:
lwloh,

A few of our members has given a pass for this car (yr 2000) because the asking price of RM118K is on a high side. Anyway, the dealer told me he is waiting for a "water fish" buyer and perhaps you are not one of them!!!

If you are still looking for a 525i CKD model, there are 2 units at Subang & Sunway used car dealers.

lwloh,
I suggest you hook-up with Herbert as he has gone through the "selection process" for his E39 recently. Buy him a teh tarik & maggi goreng :top:, bet he will invest a few hours for you in sourcing for the right one!

Thanx for the info Jerman.

So Herbert, you just bought your E39 recently? 525? i would be more than pleased if you could share your "selection process". no need teh tarik, i treat you starbucks. privilege info la this kind you have. hehe. where does both of you, Jerman and Herbert stays?

Finally saved enuf..

Hi all E39 lovers

I have finally saved up enuf blood and sweat money for the 525 E39 i wanted after 2 years with a little bit to spare for some initial maintenance. :smile:

Now i am actively looking around for a 525 2002 or 2003 year. Anyone knows any good cars around for sale?

How much do sifus recommend for initial maintenance the instant i get the car ? From the E39 forum i read here, i guess i need to change the cooling system once i get the car since it's the biggest single problem of the E39.

Thank for your advise.

Not only that. The aircon issues is really annoying from the compressor,cooling coil,blower. heater valve, and the dreaded FSR. That would be the first thing i woukld change and also check the steering rack for any leakage and power steering pump as well. These are all major $$$ issues. And not forgetting the ABS pump.

lwloh;558924 said:
How much do sifus recommend for initial maintenance the instant i get the car? From the E39 forum i read here, i guess i need to change the cooling system once i get the car since it's the biggest single problem of the E39. Thank for your advise.

Iwloh,
Welcome to the BMW ownership. Difficult to provide you the initial $$$ as it depends on the overall condition of the car. Perhaps, it should range from 2-5k? Cooling system is not the only thing to lookout for. You also need to pay attention to other stuff like Water Pump, Radiator, Alternator, Bushing, Lower & Upper arms, Power Steering Rod , Fan Clutch, Aux Fan , Thermostat, Belts, Tranmission Oil, Power Steering Oil & Hose, Compressor Pump, Dash Board, Brake Pads & Discs, ABS Sensor, Fuel Pump, Shock Absorbers.......etc

You should be able to get a "feel of the financial damages" from this link
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1413

All the best, bro

thanx Jerman. i got worried as what you have written above sounds like the whole car need to change parts... hhaha.

I saw an ad for a 525 CKD at tmn megah, black colour car 03 for 9xk. will go see on monday. :) on another note, how is the 530 compared to 525? are the parts the same ? both are roughly about the same price range.

lwloh;560980 said:
thanx Jerman. i got worried as what you have written above sounds like the whole car need to change parts... hhaha.

I saw an ad for a 525 CKD at tmn megah, black colour car 03 for 9xk. will go see on monday. :) on another note, how is the 530 compared to 525? are the parts the same ? both are roughly about the same price range.

Low,

Few things for you to do before signing on the dotted lines. Check VIN number to confirm production date, engine (M54 or M52TU) and etc. Take the car to a worksop and do diagnostic tes, check for leaks and check suspension system.

Both 525 and 530 are of the M54 double vanos engine. Parts are almost the same except certain items like bigger air intake system, rear axle. Given a choice, I would certainly go for the 530.

I am over at Subang Jaya and let me know if you need company to view the car.

thanks to Herbert for taking his time and effort to come to view the car with me today :)

Hey Herbert!

Nice meeting you with Loh today too! Guess I have lots to learn from the sifus here......

szehoong

Top Bottom