Any common problem for e46 M3?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tzecheah

Club Guest
Hi Guys, Thinking of getting an e46 M3. May I know any common problem for the e46 M3? Thanks :wink:

Hi wmg111 & SilverACBimmer,
Thanks for your comment, I heard that there has been a recall on certain M3 batch. izzit caused by SMG?

It is a recall batch but not caused by SMG.
The recall are as below

Crank shaft bearing
Engine oil pump
SMG hydraulic pump relay ( not the whole SMG system, just a 30 ringgit relay)
Ignition coil ( this apply to most E46 and E39 model as well, not only M series)

Any how, all the above are suppose FOC. I was talk to Sapura once and they can offer all that recall for free.

Beside all that, so far so good. Maybe drive like what wmg111 said, exercise the car a bit.

Hi Calvin, Thank you very much for sharing. Is Sapura offering all FOC recall for recond models also? Is Japan recond M3's quality better than the UK and local one? Is yours a local model or Recond? Look......Sooo....beautiful.....:)

I once talked to the owner of Sapura. He told me so, but you need to register your car with them. Just bring your car key and registration card.
It doesn't matter if Japan or UK model, the spec are more important.....eg. TV, HK sound system, 19" alloy, Sunroof, xenon, auto fold mirror, and so on
But when you buy a Japan spec has to be more cautious, as my customer bought one himself from the dealer and found out the mileage been reset to a much lower mileage than it should be.
Mine was the Cartrade CBU model + I knew the owner and record of the car. So no worries for me.... hehehehee

Top Bottom