..another dissapointment..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..last night i have had talk with person who is owner of Z8 i was looking to buy..so, we had chat so i asked to eventually see vehicle on his cam, and on my surprise, vehicle has left hand drive, not right as i was expecting, so i never asked before..i was told that there is almost NO Z8's with right hand drive, and that put me down..it seems im hitting all possible 'bumps on the road', from import issues up to vehicle itself..sigh..i really don't know what to do..I want to have Z vehicle, very powerful one, but it appear to be very hard to get one up to expectations (normal expectations i guess), regardless is that Z8 or Z4 (Hartge or Manhart)..sigh..

Ecc0, if not mistaken, BMW never really made any right-hand drive Z8s.

Still, that should deter you from your dreams of owning one, lest our ridiculous import taxes aside.

why not have a Z3 ? dun get angry,

or play with a e3 or e9 ? make it a classic car project.. at least it will keep your interest on...

I have had Z3 hartge, but sold it 6 years ago..needed money, started my bizz and new environment (malaysia)...I love shape of Z4 E85 but its so sad its relatively underpowered, even it can reach easy 250km/h..so i wanted to get Z8, only Z model came naturally from factory with very very respectable powerplant installed..or eventually Z4 E85 manhart ... these two are real shape Z models should have...sigh..

Take it easy bro...
wana get ur dream car..u must slowly hunt for it
dun rush...hehehe

Ecco, what about Z4 Sdrive 35iS? 345hp should be ample for a roadster :)

Ecc0;612858 said:
..last night i have had talk with person who is owner of Z8 i was looking to buy..so, we had chat so i asked to eventually see vehicle on his cam, and on my surprise, vehicle has left hand drive, not right as i was expecting, so i never asked before..i was told that there is almost NO Z8's with right hand drive, and that put me down..it seems im hitting all possible 'bumps on the road', from import issues up to vehicle itself..sigh..i really don't know what to do..I want to have Z vehicle, very powerful one, but it appear to be very hard to get one up to expectations (normal expectations i guess), regardless is that Z8 or Z4 (Hartge or Manhart)..sigh..

Because the z8 was such a low volume model for BMW (only 5,703 were ever made during its 3 year production run), all were built as LHD models only. The additional cost to homologate the car for RHD was just not economical for the company......

rpmnut;612954 said:
Because the z8 was such a low volume model for BMW (only 5,703 were ever made during its 3 year production run), all were built as LHD models only. The additional cost to homologate the car for RHD was just not economical for the company......

most went to USA anyway..so not much incentive to introduce RHD version.

haywire;612960 said:
most went to USA anyway..so not much incentive to introduce RHD version.

Yeah. More than half went to the States, the remaining ones stayed in Europe. Nice car though....instant classic.

why not look for a Z4 M Coupe..it's a nice car and power is there. you can catch after a porsche carrera and carrera S back..;-)

Top Bottom