Angel Eyes rosak .. What should I do?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

IsaacVky

Club Guest
Good evening dai ko dai jie, abang kakak :top:My E39 angel eyes kaput one side, the other side is ok. When I switch on the light one turn (Xenon off), one side eyes is on but the other side signal came on pula. What is the problem? Thanks :top:

if yours come as the ori angel eyes, I don't think it can be fixed. Quite pricey as you need to change the whole piece. This info is based on my observation 1-2 years back on owners of E39 sending their cars to M-Speed with this problem. I am not sure if there is a repair kit for this or a cheaper alternative too.

Another bomb in the wallet :eek:
bro BJM .. roughly how much it is?
bro Affan I asked them too yesterday and same thing like what you told me

new oil change yesterday and smoked Cefiro 3.0 like piece of cake on Karak :top:

helo there..
same happen to my car.the signal turn on automaticly to replace it when it malfunction.i went to change the bulb n it cost me rm100 for both.ask the tauke he said only sell in pair.
u should go n change the bulb :)

dale;363277 said:
RM125 from Naidu
Bro please enlighten me on where is this Naidu :top:

ban;363274 said:
helo there..
same happen to my car.the signal turn on automaticly to replace it when it malfunction.i went to change the bulb n it cost me rm100 for both.ask the tauke he said only sell in pair.
u should go n change the bulb :)

Bro where did you fix yours?

Faulty Light Control Module

IsaacVky;363177 said:
Good evening dai ko dai jie, abang kakak :top:
My E39 angel eyes kaput one side, the other side is ok. When I switch on the light one turn (Xenon off), one side eyes is on but the other side signal came on pula. What is the problem? Thanks :top:

Hi Isaac,

There is likelyhood that the LCM has kaput. Mine has. Bavarian Auto quoted me RM1.k but they have no stock at this moment. A workshop in PJ has offered to get a used one - most likely a re-con. Most electronic circuit boards can be repaired. The ABS module in my T5 is abt RM2.5k to replace, a repaired one is only RM400. If you replace the faulty module, don't throw it away, some guys in Pasar Road may be able to repair it to be used as a spare later.

Here is an article to repair LCM (file too big to upload, will paste a link later)

Happy ride

David Y

Jerman;363562 said:
David Y,
Thanks for the link, lots of DIY on the E39:top:

U r welcomed, Jerman

Other than the engine & gearbox, most stuff can be DIY with the right tools. Most ABS module failure (no speedometer reading, etc) are due to heat in the engine compact causing the soldering (at the connector) to melt off. The ABS module is sealed in a plastic casing. The cure is cut open the plastic casing at the joint line, re-solder the circuit and re-pack with silicon.

If you guys have any faulty ABS and other electronic modules to dispose off, I shall gladly take them off you.

David

bro isaac
i replace it at jb that time.but a good news for u,since this happen u can change the bulb to the white colour.
all u need to do is go to any accecories shop (think lots in sunway) just ask them to change it for u

ban;364142 said:
bro isaac
i replace it at jb that time.but a good news for u,since this happen u can change the bulb to the white colour.
all u need to do is go to any accecories shop (think lots in sunway) just ask them to change it for u

Plug & Play only ka bro?
Thanks for the tips but I prefer angel eyes in its ori yellow colour :top:

Top Bottom