And another issue crops up - Fan Speed too fast coupled with vibration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kaiserrand

Club Guest
I left the car untouched for about 3 days this week. When I went to start it up for a drive, it purred nicely as usual. As I drove along slowly and waited for it warm up, I switched on the aircon. Then after the temp needle was smack in the middle, I nudged the car a bit past 2k in RPM. A loud whoooossshhhhh accompanied the RPM again. More RPM, the louder the whoosh sound was. It was sounded like a tornado in the engine bay. There was also a noticeable vibration. How noticeable? I could see and hear my passenger seat vibrating slightly. Not a usual occurrence.Anyway, drove to my brother's place then asked him to press the throttle while I looked at the engine bay. OMG - the wind generated by the spinning fan was REALLY like a tornado. I parked next to a bush fence and the fence was swaying!No adverse effects so far other than when driving back in the storm this evening the engine temp was slightly below centre. And I don't think that's too adverse la...I'll be taking her to the doctor tomorrow and will see what the diagnosis is like. Any bros or sisters here had similar experience?

If not mistaken, The fan attached to the water pump, and the water pump driven by the serpentine belt.
So the fan speed is fixed.

There is another electric fan attached juz behind the bumper. Do you mean this fan?
BTW wht model is ur car bro?

Its the radiator fan - the big one in front of the engine block. Mine's a 2003 325i.

Finally got it fixed.

The issue: Fan clutch spoilt.

Solution: replace fan clutch

Damage: RM270 for the part, RM30 for labour. While the mech was in there I also asked him to replace the AC belt which was cracked.

Result: My car is now back to being a UDM and no more a lorry.

The end.

i like the fencing also can move tht part...aahhaha....so weird sometime our car have funny funny problem

Top Bottom