Alpina 16" Rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jep

Club Guest
Hi fellas! Ok, I have a few question that i need to figure out; When I bought my e34 a few years ago, it came with a nice set of 16" Alpina rims. Here's the problem; I need to confirm if the rims I have are genuine Alpina rims. I've attached some pictures for u guys to see. As far as I can tell, they are original, being that they arent Kopis (that have 21 spokes), and actually have 20spokes. They are 7J x 16 with et11, and also stamped with part number 3611612 which also confirms (to my un-expert eye) that they are original. However; all four rims are of this size and offset, while from what I understand from the internet, alpinas are usually sold in staggered sets. (Is this correct?) The other confusing thing is that my rims come with Alpina Rim caps. I believe these rims were originally used on e28, e24, e23, e12, and they didnt come with rim caps, right? Finally, while I'm sure that the rims have an offset of 11mm (there is 'e11' stamped on the rims), there is also a small tab on each rim that is stamped with 'et10'. What does this mean? Sorry for all the, i guess u can say 'noob' questions. I never got a chance to ask the previous owner about the rims, because they looked pretty nice on the car in the first place. :biggrin: View attachment 18104View attachment 18105View attachment 18106 Your feedback will be greatly apreciated.

Bro, what do you mean by the rim caps? The ones with the locking nuts? I thought all Alpina rims came with their logo on the rims.

pre-E30/E34, Alpina rims were open hub, i.e. for E9, E12, E21, E28, E24

They look like ori Alpina for me. If they are replica, then they quite successful.

Eggie86;600291 said:
Bro, what do you mean by the rim caps? The ones with the locking nuts? I thought all Alpina rims came with their logo on the rims.

Like what bro Mizhan said, pre-E30/34 Alpinas were supposed to be open hub, i.e. tarak the round cover with key lock.

bmw7833;600312 said:
They look like ori Alpina for me. If they are replica, then they quite successful.

Exactly. The look genuine. And I too believe they're genuine.
But I'm still confused, because, from what I think I know, 16" alpina were always open hub.

Any body else care to comment?

look at the back of the rim... see where is it made from. like for AC-Schintzers, there'll be a 'Made In Germany' engraved at the back of the spokes.

jep;600332 said:
Exactly. The look genuine. And I too believe they're genuine.
But I'm still confused, because, from what I think I know, 16" alpina were always open hub.

Any body else care to comment?

Bro, not necessarily. Most of the E34s/32s with Alpinas were the ones without the open hub.

imag0696.jpg

alpinab11.jpg

they had 16in close hub but they were on e24 and e28 later models...not meant for the e34/e32.

After doing some proper checking with some otais, and after taking off the wheels to check for authenticity, I can now confirm that the wheels are genuine.

Thanx all for your input. Really appreciated, guys. :rock:

Haha! Good question! :wink:

Actually, I am thinking of changing my rims. Kinda tired of them, and want a new look. Was thinking of trading/swapping with a set of 17"s (or 18"s :cool: heheh), preferably a set of AC Type 2.

Alternatively, if there was a good offer for the Alpina's, I'll sell them off for cash. Although I'd prefer swapping because less hassle.

Any takers? :4:

Are those rims fit for e39?

Does anyone knows what is the hub size?

I can not find any data about the rims in Alpina page.

bmw7833;604403 said:
Are those rims fit for e39?

Does anyone knows what is the hub size?

I can not find any data about the rims in Alpina page.

I'm not sure. ALthough i suspect that they wont fit, becoz e34s have hub size of 72.5mm, and e39s hub centre size is 74mm.

*DO correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Yee, u are right which e34-72.5mm and e39-74mm.

But as i know some original rims provide hub center bigger than 74mm.

Top Bottom