Aircond gone kaput

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

peekaboo

Club Guest
Dear friends,My aircond has passed its lifetime already I think (E34) . Refilled several times, but after 2 or 4 days only hot air came out (cooling coil leaking?). Any reccomendation on good workshop that can do the job? Sg. Buloh or Kota Damansara area?Thanks in advance.Cheers

Try naidu

Behind old KWSP,Shell PJ

After spent nearly 1.6k there, my aircon still cold until now ( 8 months )

peekaboo, sounds like your cooling coil is gone. I changed mine last year in Kepong. He is my aircond man for the last 10 years. This guy Vincent has more than 20 years experience with BMW Aircond. Formerly from TopMan the original Aircond installer for BMW Concessionaire in the 80's. The boss does the job himself and drives an E34 525i too. Charges are reasonable. Can't remember very well, but I think it was less than RM1k. You can contact him at 019-3152657

Originally posted by Vincent Hor@May 28 2005, 10:21 AM
peekaboo, sounds like your cooling coil is gone. I changed mine last year in Kepong. He is my aircond man for the last 10 years. This guy Vincent has more than 20 years experience with BMW Aircond. Formerly from TopMan the original Aircond installer for BMW Concessionaire in the 80's. The boss does the job himself and drives an E34 525i too. Charges are reasonable. Can't remember very well, but I think it was less than RM1k. You can contact him at 019-3152657
Where is Vincent's workshop?Which part of Kepong?

Vincent workshop is in Kepong Baru. Quite tricky to get there if you are not familiar with the place.

Anyway here goes, if you are coming from LDP heading towards Sri Damansara. After the toll, take to route going to Sri Damansara. After passing the Caltex Station, take a U-turn under the flyover i.e. you will be heading back to the toll. Before reaching the toll some 200 meters from the U-turn take the left exit. (You are going into Bandar Menjalara / Desa Park City area) Just follow the road. It will lead you to the 1st round about. Take 12 O'clock and follow the road. Further down about 1km you will reach another huge round-about where you will need to take the road at 3 o'clock. From the round about drive straight for about 1 km and you will see a traffic light. After the traffic light drive straight for about 100 meters and you will see a right turn and a mobile station. After turning right just drive stratight and you will see the mobile station on your left and after that some shop houses on your left. Vincent's shop is somewhere in the middle of that row of shop houses.

If you have problem getting there just give him a call.

peekaboo,

Did you get your A/c fixed? What was the damage? :beaten: :beaten:

How was the workshop that Vincent recommended(named Vincent too??)?

Thanks everyone for your assistance. Fixed my aircond problem. Change copper cooling coil, valve and drier for RM 1600. Finally did it with one of the aircond shop near my house (Subang Bestari). So far the aircond is working splendidly.

Contacted Vincent but did not go to him cos he was going for a holiday. Can't wait to be BBQued in my car. He is surely very helpful and sounds like a nice guy.

Top Bottom