Aircon Confusion

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

asyiken

Club Guest
To all the Beemer si-fu's. I took my 2004 318i back to Penang last weekend. Everything was fine. Then suddenly, there is no air coming out of the air-con vent. Indicator stuck to "Auto", cannot change to manual. At the same time, my Power Window cannot go up in one pull, must hold the window button to bring it all the way up.I parked the car. Switch off the engine, wait 5 mins and restart. Everything back to normal. Including the Power Window. One pull at the window button, and it went up all the way by itself.Then I stopover at Taiping and when resuming my journey, same problem occurred. I did the same, pull over and switch off the engine. Ignite after a few minutes, and it was fine again till I reach home in KL.Out of curiosity, I tested it this morning. Phew...it was ok.What the problem, ah? I worry it's some electrical fault somewhere. Hopefully not a real bad news.Please advise. Thanks Bros.

electrical faulty i guess..just bring ur car to the workshop.they know what to do..hehe

Maybe that's a bug in the system, that's why it's ok after u reboot the system :D

need to reboot, sure some virus in the system go to the dr to chk out, M performance can dignose for u. :D

just push and pull all the connectors in the car.

There is a loose connectors somewhere.

For me it was the connectors at the steering wheel where the ignition is.

Originally posted by jarance@May 23 2006, 12:14 PM
just push and pull all the connectors in the car.

There is a loose connectors somewhere.

For me it was the connectors at the steering wheel where the ignition is.
What connectors? There are so many in the entire car. You mean touch every possible contacts? Wow...that's interesting. Actually I parked the car at an uneven ground that day, just before this happen. Like a small sloppy grass area la. Maybe the contact point got a bit crazy. Ayoh...headache la.

Try disconnecting the battery terminal...works most of the time when car merajuk :angry:

Originally posted by manjit@May 23 2006, 08:21 PM
Try disconnecting the battery terminal...works most of the time when car merajuk :angry:
Aha...that's worth a try. Next is to read the manual to see how to disconnect the battery or else I might just cause more troubles that it already is. Thanks for the tips.

This is a Malaysian assembled 2004 E46 318i model. I cannot find connector at the steering. Where exactly is it located? Anyway, today, no trouble at all. Just grumppy maybe...

oopps sorry to mentioned that you have to open the dashboard near the ignition key first..Usually there is a connector at the ignition key..

Originally posted by jarance@May 24 2006, 08:32 PM
oopps sorry to mentioned that you have to open the dashboard near the ignition key first..Usually there is a connector at the ignition key..
bro...his car is 2004 wor,if open already then still got warranty??? :rofl:

Top Bottom