Aircon compressor control valve

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cg

Club Guest
Anyone got the control valve replaced ? Price ?? Any recommended place to service the aircon ? Thanks.

Got the control valve replaced last weekend instead of replacing the compressor. Price RM600. 3 months warranty. So far air con seems behaving. Will update after monitoring a few more weeks.

cg;823027 said:
Got the control valve replaced last weekend instead of replacing the compressor. Price RM600. 3 months warranty. So far air con seems behaving. Will update after monitoring a few more weeks.

Hi cg,

Care to share where to get it done. Try to get it done in jb but no luck.

Here is a picture of the control valve if you are interested to have a look.

The control valve is inside the compressor which a electric cable is connected to it.

View attachment 30603

christheseed;829271 said:
Visited the shop today, advice from the boss " most of the E60 have this problem, if it's just 1-2min during cold start just rev up the engine, save you a few hundred RM. come back if it got worst".:top:

Mine got worst until sauna in the car after running the car some time. Not during cold start....

If intermediate cold which means sometimes cold sometimes not..what could be the issue?

Was travelling back from Penang and air cond was super cold until Rawang when gradually we felt that the air was coming out slowly although we keep increasing the blower control. The air remained cold but air volume decreased. Luckily it was already Rawang and we just had to endure slight discomfort until we reached PJ.

Left the car overnight and air cond was back to normal when I started the car next morning. I remember reading somewhere it could be a case where due to the prolonged cold air blowing out, the cooling coil freezes up and thus block some passage of air resulting in decreased air blow. Checked with air cond shop and they confirmed gas pressure is sufficient. Did not do anything thus far. :) So I guess it is advisable to switch your air cond to blow hot air for a short while when travelling long distance to prevent this from happening?

Had mine replaced just now. A/c hot like sauna if car idle/stuck in jam. Cold if car is moving. Went to several a/c shop, all wanna change compressor and wanna charge me kaw2.

Took someone's advice (see E60 parts & maintenance), went to SGS Car Cooler in Salak South Garden. He did the followings:-

1. Change a/c control valve
2. Vacuum and top-up gas
3. Labour

All in RM650.00.

Now I have to find a winter coat everytime I drive my UDM. It's hell freezes over hehehe...

3 most important moments in my life: 1) got married 2) 1st kid was born 3) got my UDM

Another happy customer.:rock:
Btw, any warrant from the boss?

- - - Updated - - -

christheseed;847254 said:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sir ree...Boss Chew gave me 3 months...super job he did..

- - - Updated - - -

christheseed;847254 said:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sir ree...Boss Chew gave me 3 months...super job he did..

ADAM MF;849355 said:
now kids no more complaint... as cold as ice.... :driver:

know what bro, before the repair, none of my kids wanna ride in my sauna UDM. They would prefer to ride in their mom's myvi. but now...hehehe...myvi is left alone at home most of the time...hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

ADAM MF;849355 said:
now kids no more complaint... as cold as ice.... :driver:

know what bro, before the repair, none of my kids wanna ride in my sauna UDM. They would prefer to ride in their mom's myvi. but now...hehehe...myvi is left alone at home most of the time...hahaha

Thank you Bro Cg & Sifus for the very helpful information.
Yesterday I've got it done over there. Now it's as cold as the freezer.

Thank you very much for the help guys. :shakehands::top:

Top Bottom