Airbag warning pop up (318i 2004)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
usually due to sensor under the seat. if the sensor can't detect you, airbag won't deploy.

Sensor if I am not mistaken is under passenger seat . Its in a form of a net.... i think . Difficult to find new, if available also very expensive , around RM800+. The other problem is you would have to strip down the leather seat to the bone to replace the pressure mat, which is under the front passenger seat.This will incur additional cost.

There is also a remote probability that the airbag warning ( we sometimes call it Pregnant Lady light) is from defective seat belt tensioner. A quick check using diagnostic tool/ inpa will tell.

Your options:

1) Change seat pressure sensor / new or used ,
2) Cheat the seat sensor to tell the car there is either someone on the seat 24X7 or nobody 24X7 - which latter will disengage the airbag ( the 1st option will engage your airbag). This cheat uses certain resistor diode which is added to the seat sensor circuit.

Both Option has good and bad. Pls consider safety also when making decision.

My 2 cents , good luck.

Agree with OldmanBM. Scan and determine which fault it is and act accordingly.
1. There is a passenger seat occupancy bypass which is an economical solution. It will tell the car that the passenger seat is permanently occupied.
2. The driver's seat tensioner ignition circuit is the other problem. Usually the cable needs replacement. Over time, the connection becomes faulty.
Best Regards

Got this same problem with my 2003 E46 330i.
Fixed it with the bypass solution. About RM40 something for the bypass/emulator.

Bypass solutions can be DIY?
Plz advise.i got the issue the air bag light just keep turn on.
Thx

awyongcarl said:
Got this same problem with my 2003 E46 330i.
Fixed it with the bypass solution. About RM40 something for the bypass/emulator.
can send me the shop contact?

Top Bottom