Airbag light

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

5er

Club Guest
I am having problem with the a/bag light keep on 'nyala'. What happened? is it normal for e39. a mech tried to delete but failed and suggested to check the whole systems where 2 days is needed for this... Any comments from anybody? I appreciate your help on this :dunno: :dunno:

On a friend of mine's in turned out to be the sensor in his seat.

Your mech should be able to just plug in his diagnostic computer and tell you whats wrong.

Try M1 in Kayu Ara if he can't.

About RM500 for the sensor in the seat.

Slide..
thanks bro.. will try this first n let u know..

cheers :D

Wah. This is turning out to be quite a pwobwem. I just added to some comments in www.udmowners.com where this is also being discussed. I did a diagnostic on my pwobwem with Stuttgart and they discovered it's due to faulty belt tensioner. I was quoted almost Rm1K for parts and labour but at the advise of some forummers, I intend to get a second opinion cos the price seems pretty steep!

i also got this problem on my car...but my car is e46 320i.even there change the sensor.sometime still the light come out...sometime its gone when the passenger strap their belt in.....so before u buy the sensor..pls check.....

Originally posted by davis@Oct 4 2005, 07:52 PM
i also got this problem on my car...but my car is e46 320i.even there change the semsor.sometime still the light come out...sometime its gone when the passenger strap their belt in.....so before u buy the sensor..pls check.....
Yup, I totally agree with davis. Same thing is happening to my car... the light will be off sometimes when the passenger strapped on the seat beat or depends on their seating postion... very weird...

Was told to change the sensor at the passenger seat to solve the problem but have yet to get by to it...

have the same prob for yongs now...got my mechanic to use his modic to check and it says seat belt tensioner...

looking at the cost to get rid of the light...i think i can live with it for now...better stuff i can do to my ride with that money... :blink:

Top Bottom