Air leaking sound...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ah Yew

Club Guest
Just reliased my car got some air leaking sound at the fuel tank area. Can hear the sound very clear especially when engine is cool. Car is running OK, so haven't bring it to see doctor. Just wondering anyone got this funny sound?? Mine is E46, 2.2l. Hope to get some info from all of you before send my car to see doctor.

Ah Yew;344225 said:
Just reliased my car got some air leaking sound at the fuel tank area. Can hear the sound very clear especially when engine is cool. Car is running OK, so haven't bring it to see doctor. Just wondering anyone got this funny sound?? Mine is E46, 2.2l. Hope to get some info from all of you before send my car to see doctor.
had the same problem especially starting the car in the morning, my mechanic told me its the fuel pump, i listen to him and change it, no more sound after that, but make sure u check first before changing coz mayb not fuel pump like mine

Wau.....500, still ok. What will happen if don kacau the pump. Is it ok to drive? 1 of my friend told me is exhaust discharge the gas/air. Not sure about this.

Mouse, you're driving E46??

Ah Yew;344455 said:
Wau.....500, still ok. What will happen if don kacau the pump. Is it ok to drive? 1 of my friend told me is exhaust discharge the gas/air. Not sure about this.

Mouse, you're driving E46??
yes 318i 1.9L, if the pump kaput, you cant start your car

What should I do when milage clock 65000km

O.... I c.... Will get my mechanic to check my fuel pump.

Currently my milage clock 65000km, any advise what to check/change before something happen to my car....

Ah Yew;345213 said:
O.... I c.... Will get my mechanic to check my fuel pump.

Currently my milage clock 65000km, any advise what to check/change before something happen to my car....
65,000K no major problem lar, but make sure u change your expansion tank every 60,000k

Can u explain mouse what is the expansion tank for n where its located. why do we need to change it?

keta_mainan;361696 said:
Can u explain mouse what is the expansion tank for n where its located. why do we need to change it?
its your coolant reservior, black colour plastic cyclinder beside your radiator. due to extreme heat and pressure, the expected lifespan is about 60,000KM, it might last u to 80,000KM if you are lucky, but DUN TAKE THE RISK, it will start to crack over time + pressure & heat = kaboommmmmmm......

Top Bottom