air conditioning

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zackertashia

Club Guest
my e34 is out of aircond..the aircond fan doesnt turn but there are air blowing in when i turn the aircond on..any possible cause?the relay perhaps?the air blowing in is not cold..

As always, go check out with Naidu, the place which most of us BMW owners go to. You can search the forum for the directions.

Just wonder if the E34 (M20B25 engine) air-cond idle controlled by the idling valve or there is a screw to adjust?
My problem is when air cond is on at standstill position, the rpm idle between 500-600 (this has caused the engine rev up & down) , when air cond is off, it idle between 700 - 800 (smooth).
Hence, decided to tune the rpm higher. Now, air cond is on, it idle between 700 - 800 (smooth) but when air cond is off, rpm shot up to 900 - 1000/1100 (engine sounds very fast).

Anyone has the same problem? How can I solve the problem?

Originally posted by 5series@Mar 8 2005, 01:25 PM
Just wonder if the E34 (M20B25 engine) air-cond idle controlled by the idling valve or there is a screw to adjust?
My problem is when air cond is on at standstill position, the rpm idle between 500-600 (this has caused the engine rev up & down) , when air cond is off, it idle between 700 - 800 (smooth).
Hence, decided to tune the rpm higher. Now, air cond is on, it idle between 700 - 800 (smooth) but when air cond is off, rpm shot up to 900 - 1000/1100 (engine sounds very fast).

Anyone has the same problem? How can I solve the problem?
C wat happens when u wank mit der controls! C ur friendly neighborhood sifu at der Friday TT. :rofl: :yahoo: :D :rofl:

TB just changed & AFM is the next i want to service (who can help?? Will buy you dinner in the next TT).

So, in another words, there's no way to adjust the air-cond idle?? (like other Jepun cars??)

How to clean up the ICV? Is that a way? Can it be open up like the AFM?
I spray some of the HD40 inside the ICV the other day but situation doesn't improve at all!

zacket.. on the aircond thingy. mine is doing the same thing. i tried troubleshhoting it yesterday and it looks like the earth trigger is having some problem.

if you trace the wire from your fan, (blue and blue/purple, i think), it will go back to a relay in your fuse box. you'll have current in two of the connectors. however, if you short the earth terminal, the fan will turn on rigth away. it seems something is amiss or is it my lack of understanding. i'll bring it to my aircond guy and see if he can fix it.

oh yeah.. please post if you fix yours.

thanx naza
wil check later..buried wit tonnes of work rite now..if u do send urs to the aircond guy, do let me know the update ya..

Top Bottom