Air cond not cold when car in stopped

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Hustler

Club Guest
Hi Guys, Was wondering if anyone has faced this problem before. The aircond seems to get less cold or even warm when im stopped at a traffic light or stuck in a jam. First I thought the Air-cond fan died but when I checked its seems to be working fine. Hope you guys can shed some light on this issue. Model is a E39 523i year 1996(Single Vanos).

go to any a/c shop n tell them to top up gas.when the pressure meter is hooked up ask them if the pressure is low or otherwise.if low,continue to top up till full and monitor from there.if it becomes warm 2/3 weeks later then you have a leak in 1 of the a/c components ie compressor/condenser/evaporator/receiver drier.usual case is the evaporator(cooling coil).
if pressure is good,then you need to trouble shoot further and see which componenet is faulty..........happy hunting

Hustler;557428 said:
Hi Guys, Was wondering if anyone has faced this problem before. The aircond seems to get less cold or even warm when im stopped at a traffic light or stuck in a jam. First I thought the Air-cond fan died but when I checked its seems to be working fine. Hope you guys can shed some light on this issue. Model is a E39 523i year 1996(Single Vanos).

Hustler, sorry a bit side off here. Since u are driving 523i, can u check what is the RPM reading when the car speed is 80kmh, 100kmh & 120kmh? I want to compare mine. Thanks.

bmw7833;557474 said:
Hustler, sorry a bit side off here. Since u are driving 523i, can u check what is the RPM reading when the car speed is 80kmh, 100kmh & 120kmh? I want to compare mine. Thanks.

hi bmw7833, i;m new here...just want to share, mine is revving at 1900rpm@80kmh n 2500rpm@120kmh...i'm driving 523i 97 model...

JFT63;557789 said:
hi bmw7833, i;m new here...just want to share, mine is revving at 1900rpm@80kmh n 2500rpm@120kmh...i'm driving 523i 97 model...

So 2000rpm@100kmh?

i guess around 2.1k rpm la bro provided its running in the 5th gear..the consumption is a lot better compared to my prev. e36 325i..

Hustler;557428 said:

your compressor is failing. If your center AC vent is hot and the door AC vent is cool than it's your heater valve kaput. check Aux Fan is it blowing at high speed. Just did mine last week. same issue.

thanks for all the replies.... managed to figure out the problem. It`s was low on AC gas and the AC fan was not spinning fast enough... For the speed rating mine is around 1.5k rpm at 80kmh on 5th gear and 2.4rpm at 110kmh. Usually RM50(RON95) gives me around 190km town driving or 230km combined highway.

Top Bottom