Air con not cold

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mnim821

Club Guest
Hi guys.My air con is sometimes cold and sometimes not. Is it running out of gas? If it is, can you guys recommend to me where should I get it refilled? Somewhere in PJ would be o.k. Thanks! :D

Originally posted by mnim821@Nov 15 2005, 07:21 AM
Hi guys.

My air con is sometimes cold and sometimes not. Is it running out of gas? If it is, can you guys recommend to me where should I get it refilled? Somewhere in PJ would be o.k. Thanks! :D
well u can chck at this place i uptown(damansara utama),its called DU car care,its the 2nd workshop nxt to restoran dharus....

or u can try naidu's in jln gasing behind esso station.
rgds,
-brad-

theres a no of possibilities to dat .. yer drivin E46 model eh?

well, fr the cheapest of a fuse replacement, or i hope its not yer resistor, which cost me quite alot bck then (RM300-400 cant recall).

best wishes n update us in the E46 Maintennace thread k. :)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

For my E36, all i did was to replace the filter and got my radaitor cleaned out (hit a bird and had to pull out all the feathers) and there was a surprising amount of junk on it. Now it's too cold.

Originally posted by mnim821@Nov 15 2005, 12:21 PM
Hi guys.

My air con is sometimes cold and sometimes not. Is it running out of gas? If it is, can you guys recommend to me where should I get it refilled? Somewhere in PJ would be o.k. Thanks! :D
Is it cold only at night?

Some of the possibilities are

1) electric fan not working
2) leakages - piping, cooling coil, Expansion valve
3) Filter Drier faulty
4) compressor loosing its compression

Yeah, would recommend Naidu at Jln Gasing.

Originally posted by ALBundy@Nov 16 2005, 03:11 PM
4) compressor loosing its compression

This could be it or magnet coil. My lasy ride's syptom exactly like yours. Coldness off & on. Checked, it was magnet coil losing it magnetic force. Got it changed for RM180.

Top Bottom