Advise on E36 318i auto to manual conversion

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Club Guest
hi all,it's me again...im thinking of change my current auto transmission to a manual set,tis is becoz it's lack of power & im affraid couldn't affort to pay for engine conversion sine i know there is a lot of our member here would like to racun me... :eek: heheok,back to the topic.1)wat i need for tis kinda conversion?2)any batch or diff manufacturer for my M40 318?if yes which is better or reliable?3)how much (roughly)?4)any recommended workshop?im living at Kepong.thanks for viewing & hope sifu here could give me a hand on tis..

I think don't waste your money if u want to more power......but if for your future mod like to upgrade to 320 or 325 vanos is ok.....trust me i have done it before last time i m using m40 also.....but......not enough

ok back to the topic....

1. u need manual gbox complete with clutch plate n cover and dont forgot flywheel, clutch padel, gear linkage, gear shifter, gear knob, gear cover, clutch pump. Than rear excel ratio 3.45 for 318. this is very hard to get same like g box and front manual long shaf.
2. I think allmost all E36 model u can use coz my M50B20 use M40 gbox
3. it's depand RM4-5k may be.....

bro Mtigo,u r from M40 to M50B20 right?how much the conversion cost?

Yup...M40 to M50B20
It depand on how much u bought your h/cut...their quote me RM1.8k for labour.

Top Bottom