Adding e90 bonnet (front hood) switch ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

viewfinder

Club Guest
Besides M3, I don't know if any 3 series come with the bonnet switch for open/close detection. Is it something one can add easily to e90?Connector is in the wiring harness or not?Control electronics recognizes the switch being open (and won't start the engine) ?I could not seem to pin point the part # for the switch in realoem.com for all e9x. There's a switch that looks like a open/close detection switch but no description at all.

Why is BMW and/or local distributors skimming on a bonnet switch after having put similar switches on all doors and the trunk? I don't see how it's less important the door switches. Somebody is compromising on safety feature on BMW at the wrong place.

try looking for it here.

Capture_31.jpg

Thanks bro Jarance. Where do you get this picture, ETK database? I don't have access... mind helping out on the switch's part number for E90?

There's no such thingy nor connector on the left passenger side under the hood. But there's an unknown switch on the driver side. See pic. What is that?
4778727023_7d175f9d87_b.jpg

that's for the fresh air sensor ! ! Once detected polluted air, it will shut the fresh air intake to the cabin.

sunnypuan;541266 said:
that's for the fresh air sensor ! ! Once detected polluted air, it will shut the fresh air intake to the cabin.

Wah! sunny, u sure? I thought that's the diagnostic port where the diagnostic equipment is plugged into?

astroboy;541287 said:
Wah! sunny, u sure? I thought that's the diagnostic port where the diagnostic equipment is plugged into?

Bro, I taught the diagnostic port is inside our cabin wan ! !

Cabin one is OBDII port nia.. air quality sensor also u can think of ka? :D :D Maybe u r right.. let me crank everything up and blow a puff of Sempoerna there and see what happen.. :p

Top Bottom