add hp on e30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lecka

Club Guest
olla sifus..just bought an e30 m20 b20..m-tech 2 body kit.. with m3 spoiler..i'v heard about the convertion from m20 to m50 for a better performance..but things are way too expensive since i'm only 18..any good convertion?axle's running on hartge head ryte?nice.. anymore 'speed formula's fellas? :nyehehe:

1) m20b25 convertion.....fully motronic....

2) hartge convertion

for racun purposes best bet is to pm pussy & wolverine

rgds,
-brad-

i'll pm them.. but i think other newbies need to noe too.. ryte jeembo? ;)
so why dont we share..

calling for mr PUSSY and WOLVERINE!

need advice here!! :D

18 yr old and already drive UDM..congrats to you :)

Start buying Performance BMW magazine at Amcorp Mall....and dig the info you need from there

Originally posted by bazet@Jun 27 2006, 03:31 PM
18 yr old and already drive UDM..congrats to you :)

Start buying Performance BMW magazine at Amcorp Mall....and dig the info you need from there
join the TTs and open your mouth wide...the racuns will come easily...... :)

Originally posted by tyke@Jun 27 2006, 01:36 AM
1) m20b25 convertion.....fully motronic....

2) hartge convertion

for racun purposes best bet is to pm pussy & wolverine

rgds,
-brad-
;) ... eh brad... tell la summore.. heheh

2 questions for you...

1) How deep your pocket?
2) How good is your driving?

Someone's signature read this......"Owning a BMW dun make you a BMW driver"....go figure what it means but I agree.

Last of all, dun burn out from all that racun....seen that too often.

Originally posted by Jules@Jun 27 2006, 03:42 AM
2 questions for you...

1) How deep your pocket?
2) How good is your driving?

Someone's signature read this......"Owning a BMW dun make you a BMW driver"....go figure what it means but I agree.

Last of all, dun burn out from all that racun....seen that too often.
nuff said.....
its not a matter of can ur car handle the power but can u handle the power bro...

but if u still insist on an engine upgrade/mod thn i suggest go for an ETA 2.7 convertion.....its awesome i tell ya...

Play with the car first....
Understand the characteristic, the power band, the handling etc...

Perhaps, hop into other ppl's car - to get some input abt mod.

Mod can range from Rm100 to RM100,000 (u know who u are .. :D )

It's a new toy ... and this ain't a Japs car ...

but if u still insist on an engine upgrade/mod thn i suggest go for an ETA 2.7 convertion.....its awesome i tell ya...

But Zoggee.... advised me against the 2.7L conversion.... now I am confused....

Docazani

Originally posted by docazani@Jun 28 2006, 12:37 AM

But Zoggee.... advised me against the 2.7L conversion.... now I am confused....

Docazani
I AMagainst the 2.7 conversion. Unless you can find a way to increase the compression and connected with the correct "i" management system ecu to supply for the extra cc displacement.

For those of you think I'm wrong then,
Show me the dyno chart in Malaysia of 2.7 engine that runs on Ljetronics 2.0 ecu. its the extra torque you gained. not much on hp too.

Doc,
I think you are savvy enuf...to be able to understand the specs of an engine. Bigger displacement for a 2.7 engine doesnt mean is high on horse power.

go bmwe30.net>their specification section. They have all the informations you need. Not from here...Power doesnt come cheap.

Well lecka,

go ask the oldies at Sabimmer Guys every Friday night. what top speed can my M20B20 reach. They'll tell you the stories of Penang convoy few years back. And I was running on stock engine.

Stock is enuf...

Horsepower sell parts....

ooops...forgot to mention tht the 2.7 eta is low on hp but more torque..

also forgot to mention the all time great sifu...the nicest guy i knw...and funniest...zoggee....

lecka....do up ur engine as stock as possible lah...

rgds,
-brad-

ok here are your options....i am in a talkative mood today.

1. M20b25 stock standard, play on the exhuast and intake, springs, absorbers, rear disc, ARB.

2. M42b18 stock standard, same thing as the above

- If you want to do more things...like cams, port n polish, stroker kit ....basically the engine internals..it will cost you about 15K parts only. not including the labour.

3. m50b25 stock standard (e34 manual halfcut), custom springs, custom absorbers, ARB to match new suspension, rear disc, matching rear axle, exhaust system and intake system

4. m20b27 eta conversion.....commonly know as a simple procedure...Not really...here is what you need to do.

- you need 2 engines....m20b25 and m20 eta engine...why....the head of the 2.5 with porting and polish would be the optimum for the conversion. The motronic system would be the best option for this conversion.....running on the ljet would not be limiting and underfueling the engine.

- yes you can skim the 2.5 pistons or the eta piston but it will probably give you a crappy compression ratio of 8:1 which is a lot less than a m20b20. The best solution would be to get yourself a set of custom pistons....JE, Metric mechanic, Ireland engineering, Korman bmw with a compression ratio of about 10.5:1 and that would cost you about RM4000 without shipping.

- when doing this whole conversion you are basically opening up the entire engine....so a complete overhaul is wise to do and replacement of all worn out parts.

-there is no way you are going to get a CR of 11:1 or 10:1 by using the standard head 2.0, 2.3 , 2.5

- the m20b27 standard ETA engine was designed for low end torque at low revs, yes it has torque, it basically behaves like a bus or a lorry. If you use the ljet 2.0 ecu it will be better than the eta ecu but you are still underfueling your engine. the mapping of the 2.0 and 2.3 ljet ecu is not sufficient to cope with 2.7 displacement. you are slowly killing your engine.

- now since you are opening up the engine...you might as well drop in some cams.....easier said than done...depending on the cam degree you would need titanium vavle retainers and stiffer vavle springs....you standard ones wont hold in the long run. again more money spent.

Which leads me back to my first question whenever someone asks about how to get more power......

......How much are you willing to spend and do you know what you want???? :)

M20B20? ..... my take? Freshen it up - change wear and tear items, maybe top overhaul (optional) then maintain it well - but leave it stock.

Why? Using the b20 as a basis very little you can do. The amount of money spent and the improvement you get may not justify the mod, and if you are willing to spend big money you might as well do an engine swap and dump in a stock B25 engine. This is pretty straighforward, almost plug and play.

The 2.7 stroker route is also a possibility but a bit more technical. But you do get to use some b20 bits.... but like i said very technical. Look for Total BMW mags on this topic - step by step guide.

If you keep your engine stock my 2 cents would be to change to a numerically higher rear differential.... maybe a 4.10 . It can be an open diff (cheaper) or LSD (more expensive). LSD would be ideal though. Significant improvement in acceleration in autos.... in manuals it can be quiet vivid!

From the cash you saved (from not going nuts with other mods) you can dump it all in suspension improvements ..... thats where its at dude!! 120bhp+ is more than enough for our crowded streets.... might as well make the most of it LOL.

Actually the 2.7 ETAs E30 are considered as an entry model E30 in the States. As mentioned by the sifus its high on torque and very fun to drive in....traffic lights traffic condition. he he......Thier top end model is the 325is. That model balance out power, torque and suspension in a nice package.

Top Bottom