A painful move ... Selling E36 328i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
2wenty6;646462 said:
Sincere advice...if you "wish you can afford" a 32k e36, maybe you shouldn't actually buy into an e36 after all. Sure there are dealers selling it as low as 26k, but those are trashed to hell and back, and you WILL be screwed left right and center by maintenance just to get it running reliably.
Really appreciate the advice bro! thanx.. yah, i was thinking like that also.

MJLEE;646218 said:
Hey bro Rubes,

May I know the year of the car and ask why the mileage is so high? 400k+ is nearly doing around 30k+ kms per year. She must have traveled a lot but its great to see she is still in such fine shape. Great work bro and good luck in your sale. I can feel your pain ..... T_T

Yes the milage is high cause, it is a pleasure to drive. I've taken the car to every corner of west malaysia. Never had a major problem except gatal and went and did a overhaul. If you drive a 328, you will know the feeling.

2wenty6;646462 said:
Sincere advice...if you "wish you can afford" a 32k e36, maybe you shouldn't actually buy into an e36 after all. Sure there are dealers selling it as low as 26k, but those are trashed to hell and back, and you WILL be screwed left right and center by maintenance just to get it running reliably.
very true.... I've seen a lot, who bought cars at that price, only to spend another 6 k just to get the car back on the road, these cars have been masked with new paint and new leather, but the minute you take hold of it... All he'll breaks loose. That is one reason, I'm not doing the paint work yet... I want the buyer to see it as it is..... No masking.....

MJLEE;646218 said:
Hey bro Rubes,

May I know the year of the car and ask why the mileage is so high? 400k+ is nearly doing around 30k+ kms per year. She must have traveled a lot but its great to see she is still in such fine shape. Great work bro and good luck in your sale. I can feel your pain ..... T_T
Oops sorry year 96...

yes agree with u, its a pleasure to drive.
my car is currently 472000km. 328 year 1997. still good car to drive. bmw rocks. i will never sell mine.

In my opinion mileage does not matter as long as necessary maintenance has been carried out. Very few do it but this one has good records. Some low mileage ones at dealers, drive like it was taken around the world twice. Not to say most of them at dealers are already tempered with. An enthusiast with records never tells a lie. Hopefully this beauty goes to the right hands. Good luck in your sale bro. Long live another E36 ! Cheers.

Galaxy7;648199 said:
yes agree with u, its a pleasure to drive.
my car is currently 472000km. 328 year 1997. still good car to drive. bmw rocks. i will never sell mine.

I'm with you bro... but what to do .. pressure from home affairs minister and finance minister... non compliance will result in credit being frozen by Ministry.... or ministry may invoke in kitchen building project.... very expensive

pardypeople;648352 said:
In my opinion mileage does not matter as long as necessary maintenance has been carried out. Very few do it but this one has good records. Some low mileage ones at dealers, drive like it was taken around the world twice. Not to say most of them at dealers are already tempered with. An enthusiast with records never tells a lie. Hopefully this beauty goes to the right hands. Good luck in your sale bro. Long live another E36 ! Cheers.

Well said bro.... but the Malaysian Market is influenced by the milage game ... 1 owner ... low milage ... lady driver etc... they don't care if the car is only 90k and has never done a service it it's life span... we need to re-educate the public

2wenty6;646462 said:

What he said :)
PLUS it might endup the bill will total to 50K ... buy a 32K well maintained car that you can track the history here... then some unknown seller :)

"...but be aware milage very the high ... 408K KM."

Wonder how many km further can the engine last, and the costs involved?

Hey bro, don't worry about mileage. Owner of this ride has maintained the car meticulously. :top:

Eggie86;659791 said:
Hey bro, don't worry about mileage. Owner of this ride has maintained the car meticulously. :top:

Terima kasih Eggie.... long time no news.

Anyways, To me milage is a misconception by many people, to me it is only to guage when you should change things. Many engines fail at high milage because the owners fail to maintain the engine. Everything can be changed, except for the block itself, but then again that is only done when there is a failure. The good thing about BMWs is that you can guage the engine right from the first crank.

Believe me... I've seen engines that has only clock 80K Km and the new owner had to change the engine ( you know who you are!!!). Plus you have some who temper with the milage. The bottom line in getting a UDM is the maintenance history. IF a car that has clocked 400K and runs like new, most of your worries at put at bay.

You have other things to worry about, like body rust and electronic components failing.

I'm not just takling about my ride, but this are the general things that should be looked at when looking for a second hand ride, because if your chasis is rusting... there is very little you can do ... and that is one of the main reason why a car gets junked, not because of the engine, engines can be changed, chasis cannot be changed.

But if you have doubts.... my advise is do not invest. but one thing though, a car with high milage only spells one thing.... that is that the car is such joy to ride that the owner cannot leave the car and wants to drive it everywhere.

Cheers

Just changed 2 front tires .... botak already, I think the car found out I'm selling her.... now suddenly lampu failure, power window switch no more auto naik, just got all bulbs changed.... front tail side... ordered new switch, belum sampai.

while changing tires, found out that the boot tray has cracked.. wonder how that happned! anyways ordered new replacement parts, next to change front screen ... kena batu. After that I'm thinking of doing the paint work and the interior .. dunno yet see how.

pdtan;659787 said:
"...but be aware milage very the high ... 408K KM."

Wonder how many km further can the engine last, and the costs involved?

Engines can last very long if well taken care off and wear and tear parts are replaced on time and with good quality replacements.

As a gauge, during my recent overseas trip, I was chatting with my regular KLIA taxi driver. He says that their taxis operate on a 5 year life before being replaced. Within that 5 years, many have gone over 1000kms without any problems IF they send it for service regularly (in their case, twice a month!). And that is a proton we are talking about. What more our engine from Bavaria?

So, I'd value full service records more than low mileage on a used car. Great if you can have both, but i don't think it should be a deal breaker if the latter is not there.

Good luck on your sale Rubes!

Top Bottom