A good place to install M5 side mirror?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Gerald 5

Club Guest
Dear sifu, I've just bought a M5 side mirror and looking for a good place to install it. Any advise? Thanks.Mine is the 1 with memory.

you sure:eek:
I was told that you would need 3 relays, have to open the door card and so on.
In fact, after I have heard of all this, I have decided to put it up for sale. A forumer, alipon is helping me to sell but thus far no response yet.

Gerald 5;477081 said:
In fact, after I have heard of all this, I have decided to put it up for sale. A forumer, alipon is helping me to sell but thus far no response yet.

PM me price

Gerald 5;477081 said:

can post pic?i hv some one who is interested if its for the E60 model.

Gerald 5;477204 said:
Can help or recommend a place to do it?

Bro try Exoticmods at Kota damansara....or anyone with a GT2 daignotic tool. Obermayer is one of them in ipoh road.

Hi, anyone have done the mirror installation to their E39 and works perfectly. Please recommend me to the place.

Finally installed.
23-12-09_1732.jpg

31-12-09_1708.jpg

31-12-09_1707.jpg

31-12-09_1706.jpg

bro, mind to share how much and where you got the M5 side mirror? also do i need to buy the driver side power window switch or it just need to add a switch only.

I bought it in Bangkok, about RM900. It comes with memory and heater setting.
The installation is a bit more complicated if you want an ori look. You would need to search for the modules (the switch thingy on the driver side and another one at the back of your passenger door card). I got mine from chop shop's runner and it cost me a fair bit.
Alternatively, you can just connect it through a wire where you can choose to have it folded upon switching off the ignition or to buy a switch to locate it in the car for your convinient.

Gerald 5;513616 said:
I bought it in Bangkok, about RM900. It comes with memory and heater setting.
The installation is a bit more complicated if you want an ori look. You would need to search for the modules (the switch thingy on the driver side and another one at the back of your passenger door card). I got mine from chop shop's runner and it cost me a fair bit.
Alternatively, you can just connect it through a wire where you can choose to have it folded upon switching off the ignition or to buy a switch to locate it in the car for your convinient.

Bro, thanks for sharing. Just wondering, what's the other module that's located behind the passenger's door card?

Gerald 5;513794 said:
1 for driver and the other for passenger side folding.

can the passenger side folding func be wired directly to the driver's side folding func and controlled by driver's side switch on switch panel? instead of having a separate module for the passenger side....

Do you have the picture of how the passenger side module looks like?

did not take any photo during installation. My mech try the wiring method from the driver side to no success. Frankly, it might be able but I have no idea.

Top Bottom