8 series convertible

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tc@torpedo

Club Guest
I used to see a white 8 series with a black soft top parked outside KL plaza. I don't remember any official 8 series convertibles made by BMW (then again I could be wrong). But I did read about companies that do conversions. Anyone seen this car too or know details about it? Owner? Where the conversion got done? Sorry don't have pics. But it's one of those interesting BMW X-files that I've yet to put to rest after all these years.Sifus, any insights into this for trivia sake? Anyone else got a BMW X-File to share? Cheers!

Its supposed to be a custom job done for the owner. His name is on the rev counter. Last i saw it, it had problems with the hood, all good now.

850i convertible

A year after BMW stunned the crowds at the 1989 Frankfurt Motorshow with the 850 Ci coupe, work was started on a convertible version. Three prototype examples were constructed, fitted with the same 300 bhp V12 engine that powered the coupe. Unfortunately BMW were not convinced there would be enough customers interested in open top 8-series and cancelled the program. The total cost of the vehicle was 3 times more than the coupe. The vehicle you saw in Malaysia was the only rhd proto type. Now you can commission koenig of germany to do the conversion for around EUR 84,000

I think u meant the white 850Ci I saw in BSC last Sunday...I did manage to take a few photos but I dunno how to post it. Gimme some pointers and I will insert them
Cheers!

Ah..well..I was thinking of embedding the images...

Anyway, have a look..
850Ci001.jpg

U will be surprised what exotic & rare cars there are in this country...especially in the Royal family's garages...and there's 9 monarchs in this country!

Top Bottom