525i d.vanos misfiring need advice from sifus...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DR.TS

Club Guest
My E39 525i double vanos misfiring after rev more than 5.5 rpm.already changed fuel filter,plugs and plug coil.still same problem.according to scannner misfiring cylinder 1,2,3 after deleted engine back to normal.but once i rev to 5.5 rpm problem misfiring came back.anybody can advice me what to do?

DR.TS;843898 said:
My E39 525i double vanos misfiring after rev more than 5.5 rpm.already changed fuel filter,plugs and plug coil.still same problem.according to scannner misfiring cylinder 1,2,3 after deleted engine back to normal.but once i rev to 5.5 rpm problem misfiring came back.anybody can advice me what to do?

try to scan again to see fault....and reset again.....don't rev above 5.5k rpm for 1 day and see.
if misfire...maybe the crank position sensor?

I drive with scanner once rpm hit 5.5 engine misfiring,deleted while driving,vehicle back to normal.2moro i thinking to change plug seal,and borrow from other fren ECU.. La.. Diagnose result: cylinder 1,2,3 misfiring and no other fault code appear.

DR.TS;844080 said:
I drive with scanner once rpm hit 5.5 engine misfiring,deleted while driving,vehicle back to normal.2moro i thinking to change plug seal,and borrow from other fren ECU.. La.. Diagnose result: cylinder 1,2,3 misfiring and no other fault code appear.

That day i saw this car, once got smoke out the engine light is coming out, once no smoking out the light is off.

I already test 2unit ECU borrow from chop shop together with key and,immo,car can start but still same problem... Thinking to remove cylinder head and check any defect.

I swap with other same model car Maf,fuel pump,injectors,harness from plugs coil to ecu but problem still not solved..

there is no connection between misfiring and cylinder head. if you have a blown gasket.. you would blown the s@#! out when you did a 5500rpm. so save your money.

there is only two things to misfiring. Fuel and Spark. now.. read carefully

lets start with fuel. after your 5500 run. open up the spark plugs. is it dry or wet?

if it is dry. you might have starvation. then check fuel line, pressure fuel filter blah blah blah...

if it is wet... yo have no spark. zoom down to electrical. how are the coils? check all wiring towards the coils. it is not unusual for some cracked wiring causing misfiring at high rpm. i had that before.

from what i gather.. my money is on electrical. i would look closely at the coils and surrounding aux wiring

DR.TS;845463 said:
I already test 2unit ECU borrow from chop shop together with key and,immo,car can start but still same problem... Thinking to remove cylinder head and check any defect.

Try to swap with other car throttle body,idler valve,camshaft sensor,crankshaft sensor,exhaust sensor,change plugs for the third set,plug coils,vanos salenoid.done inlet manifold leak test with water and smoke-no leak.do a compression tester (meter )all good.finally i remove the cylinder head this evening...looks like combustion at no 2 and 3 not good.use stainless steel ruler-cylinder head 'bengkok' at no 3..

I really thank you and appreciate to mr tweiboon coz his trying to help me for EWS pairing,next time when i settle my problem sure i 'belanja' him best satay and teh tarik at kajang.

DR.TS;845628 said:
Try to swap with other car throttle body,idler valve,camshaft sensor,crankshaft sensor,exhaust sensor,change plugs for the third set,plug coils,vanos salenoid.done inlet manifold leak test with water and smoke-no leak.do a compression tester (meter )all good.finally i remove the cylinder head this evening...looks like combustion at no 2 and 3 not good.use stainless steel ruler-cylinder head 'bengkok' at no 3..

Dr.TS,

Water seep in cylinder cause by head gasket crack/burn? Top overhaul?

zidee;845650 said:
Dr.TS,

Water seep in cylinder cause by head gasket crack/burn? Top overhaul?

Please check the cylinder block as well for any bengkok. Aluminium engine is more sensitive than cast iron.. (this is what I heard, pls correct me if im wrong.)

Like mine the coolant seep into my no4 cylinder so run 5cylider.
So did top overhaul with other parts change verything back to normal...
There is no more top up of coolant but still in the monitoring stage...
So far the coolant level stays in the level that should be...
The float just abit above the the tip of the expansion tank. ..

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

Volvos525i;845676 said:
Like mine the coolant seep into my no4 cylinder so run 5cylider.
So did top overhaul with other parts change verything back to normal...
There is no more top up of coolant but still in the monitoring stage...
So far the coolant level stays in the level that should be...
The float just abit above the the tip of the expansion tank. ..

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

Care to share how much it cost you for the top overhaul?

Top Bottom