320i SE or 320i M-sport?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Nizu5612

Club Guest
As Salam n Morning to all..I`m totally a newbie for sure..from Penang. Hopefully can get some idea from the `otai's` here before purchase, especially E90. Cant afford the new ones, only secondhand year 2005-2007. Maybe u all can share some info about the maintenance, fuel consumption (can use ron95 or only ron97?), any wear and tear that might probably need to be changed..and one more thing, 320i SE vs 320i M-sport, I know the M-sport looks more `ranggi`, but the difference that I saw is only I-drive. Is there any other diff?...Sorry I`m really new in this BMW but eager to own it.Thanks everyone.

Salam & Welcome bro Nizu, shud have joined our Penang TT last night:wink: Main difference is M-sport come with lowered/harder suspensions, others are M-sport accesories such as steering & door sills. Both have i-Drive but depends on year of manufacture. Do check out the 3 series thread on this.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?33929-Penang-TT ..will probably have another session in about a months time, hope to meet up with you.

Get the SE if you are like a family man. It's comfortable for daily driving. The M Sport is lovely for fun driving through twisty roads. It's firm but not hard. I prefer the M set up, the SE For me is kinda too soft and floats a bit on undulating roads. M suspension is not that hard la.

Please note that the M set up are with staggered tyres, you cannot rotate them and need to always ensure car is properly aligned. Tyres are not as cheap as the SE, because of wider rear set.

Yes you can use 95 as I use that in my 325' no issues. The 320's consumption is decent, might be slightly more than a 2 liter Accord but not much more. Boleh than la. On highway it's really good the consumption.

Maintenance, well that one can cry la if you are not careful. Some parts are not cheap at all and if the car is not very well cared for you may have headache rectifying all the problems. Make sure get a very good mechanic to see the car first.

Oh yes, no spare tyre ok ... Run flats not that cheap compared to normal tyres. Don't last as long too.

Wear and tear to be changed will depend on the car, the mileage, the owners treatment of the car. How to say? :0)

Get the standard car if you are like a family man. It's pretty comfortable for daily driving. The M Sport is lovely for fun driving through twisty roads. It's firm but not hard. I prefer the M set up, the SE For me is kinda too soft and floats a bit on undulating roads. M suspension is not that hard la.

Please note that the M set up are with staggered tyres, you cannot rotate them and need to always ensure car is properly aligned. Tyres are not as cheap as the SE, because of wider rear set.

Yes you can use 95 as I use that in my 325' no issues. The 320's consumption is decent, might be slightly more than a 2 liter Accord but not much more. Boleh than la. On highway it's really good the consumption.

Maintenance, well that one can cry la if you are not careful. Some parts are not cheap at all and if the car is not very well cared for you may have headache rectifying all the problems. Make sure get a very good mechanic to see the car first.

Oh yes, no spare tyre ok ... Run flats not that cheap compared to normal tyres. Don't last as long too.

Wear and tear to be changed will depend on the car, the mileage, the owners treatment of the car. How to say? :0)

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure the lads from the west coast would be more than happy to show you the ways...

Go and hook up with them and good luck on your hunt!

Thanks guys..hopefully can meet u up in next TT (even with my old car). :eek: bro tIANcI, betul jugak. the tyres cannot rotate..tak trfikir plak. the staggered of M makes more ummmpphhh from the others.

One more thing, in Penang, where do u guys normally go for services etc?..the only one that I know is chu seng since last time my dad used to go to service his E28..tp chu seng tak mahal ke?

Another one is ZF auto. Its around gurney drive behind Coffee Island. Hope you can join us this friday, details in the Penang TT thread :3:

Top Bottom