2011 F10-528 Transmission Complaints

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yuxuanmon

Club Guest
Hi, I am new in this Forum, drove a six BMWs since 1995, e34X2, e36X2 and e39X2.Bought a F10 528(6cyc) recently and found out this problem, which found the same complaints from US site as:>I have a very same problem. Need to check any Sifus have the same problem as me?And are the 4cyc 528(320, 328) with higher torque solved this problem???? (but 535i have the highest torque too!!!):sheep:ThanksAlmo Tan:sheep:

I drive the N20 528i and I agree with you sometimes there are some transmission jerkiness beeing experieced. Not all the time but occurs randomly.
Tend to be a little more frequent if you decide to stomp the accelerator pedal half way for a brief acceleration in comfort mode.Does not occur if you fully depress the accelerator or drive in the soprt mode.The 8 speed transmisssion is a plus point but sometimes is not so intelligent... having to search for a right gear change.
I believe this has something to do with the transmission programming which should be able to rectify if BMW has some upgraded transmission software.

i've encountered the same problem in my 2012 528 as well as a few other 528 test cars from the dealers, so far i have not been able to replicate it, for me it happens under similar condition as described by TSS, sudden hard acceleration in comfort+. i mentioned this to the technician when i sent my car in today, he said he has received a few other complaints with regard to this as well, and what they do is just clear the transmission programming and hope for the best

Thanks for two users share the same problem.

Gearbox don't down shift to 7th from 8th when power needed on highway too, especially travel around 80~110km/h. So I have to maintain in sport mode (Gear shift) to keep car more responsive.

So, N20 share the same problem as n52. Thought of upgrade to 535 with higher torque can avoid this issue. Bit disappointed to the 8 speed gearbox. Hope BMW can rectify the software in near future.

Thanks

mine 528I L6 yr2012 Gear box also have same issue,dont think the dealer know how to solve it as i oledi been send back the car to AB few times,they insist the car in prefect condition.but obviously this is GB programme/software issue.
After 6mths of using,me already "adapted" to this GB and enjoying it till date:D

huNky;781916 said:
i've encountered the same problem in my 2012 528 as well as a few other 528 test cars from the dealers, so far i have not been able to replicate it, for me it happens under similar condition as described by TSS, sudden hard acceleration in comfort+. i mentioned this to the technician when i sent my car in today, he said he has received a few other complaints with regard to this as well, and what they do is just clear the transmission programming and hope for the best

Hope for the best ? hmmm .... Aiyuh.... Thanx for the heads up.

i m having a 535m-sport 2010, and also having the same issue of gear jerking when change from 1-2 as notice, when starting from zero.
Anyone has any recommendation on any latest SIP software or tranny firmware that could resolved this issue, thanks.

other gear change 2-8.....all the way smooth.
looking at all the forum like bimmerfest, it seems to be prominent to all 528 or 535, and the issue is most probably resolvable with firmware upgrade on the tranny.
Anyone got any feedback from the technical folks in BMW on what option do we have.
Or anyone has intelligently solved it

yuxuanmon;781661 said:
Hi, I am new in this Forum, drove a six BMWs since 1995, e34X2, e36X2 and e39X2.
Bought a F10 528(6cyc) recently and found out this problem, which found the same complaints from US site as:

>

I have a very same problem. Need to check any Sifus have the same problem as me?
And are the 4cyc 528(320, 328) with higher torque solved this problem???? (but 535i have the highest torque too!!!):sheep:

Thanks

Almo Tan
:sheep:

True about this issue (s) but frankly speaking, i see this from a different angle, you need to understand your Car First. I dont see this as a problem because always am not on Normal Mood as this happens always when the car is on Normal Mode. I drive always on Sport Mode. Yes, I noticed an acceleration lag starting out from a dead stop but i assume the way the car is programmed is to notice that there are cars in front of you and you should move slowly. But if you feel you want to to Move fast and there is no Car in front of you or you can calculate the distance apply more pressure to the gas pedal it jumps forward very fast and unexpectedly. Actually i am used to it and i really enjoy it and frankly speaking it dose no harm. Its just your style of Driving that the gear transmission detects and follows. The above stated words are IMO:top:

1klanbaris;796509 said:
really enjoy with this car

Bro, I am planning to to sell of my 328 and get this 528.
I gather from your post you are happy with the car . Anything i should be aware off when i make the purchase ?

Hi All,

I did have the same gear box problem when I purchase the re con 528 with the L6 engine. I sold it and bought the brand new 528i with turbo engine, the gear box are really smooth after few months. Was told by an expert, the first batch 528 with L6 engine may have the gear box issue. Anyone know more about this?

Top Bottom