2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible Unveiled

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xtracooljustin

Club Guest
From http://paultan.org/archives/2006/10/24/2007-bmw-3-series-convertible-unveiled/
3convertible1.jpg
Yes, the convertible that brings you women has just been updated to the latest E9x series, to be introduced worldwide in Spring 2007. The E93 2007 BMW 3-Series Convertible will debut first in 325i and 335i guises, but will closely be followed by smaller petrol models, as well as turbodiesel models - I know Europeans would love a 335d Convertible. More details on the 2007 BMW 3-Series Convertible after the jump.
3convertible2.jpg
While the BMW 6-Series Convertible and the Z4 Roadster feature triple-layered fabric roofs, the new BMW 3-series will come with BMW’s first three-piece electronically-operated retractable hard-top, matching such features available in competing models such as the Volvo C70 convertible coupe. The roof goes down or up in approximately 22 seconds, and will provide better security as well as greater visibility (up 38%!) and feeling of space and light for occupants, thanks to larger rear glass windscreen and side windows. You could say it’s alot less gloomy inside the new 3 Convertible with the top up.The roof folds in a unique way, which maximises available boot space - 350 litres with the roof up and 210 litres with the roof down. If you require more boot space, the rear seats can be folded down just like a hatchback’s, allowing longer and bulkier items to be carried - this can even be used when the roof is lowered. In concerns of a bright overhead sun heating up the car seats and burning your butt, the leather seats of the new 2007 3-Series Convertible can be specified to be coated with a Sun-Reflective Technology coating which involves special pigments embedded in the leather helping reflect infra-red radiation - this allows treated areas exposed to sunlight to remain up to 20 degrees cooler compared to normal leather. The 335i features BMW’s award winning 3.0 twin turbo, which doesn’t need an introduction anymore, but let’s just repeat performance figures for the heck of it - 306hp and 400Nm of torque from as low at 1,300rpm, constant to 5,000rpm. The relatively slower 325i gives you 218hp and 270Nm of torque to play with, thanks to it’s magnesium alloy block with High-Precision Direct Injection and Bi-VANOS varaible valve technology. Both engines can be had with either a 6-speed manual or a newly designed fast shifting 6-speed auto which debuted in the 335i Coupe. Diesel options will include a 330d which will go from 0-100km/h in 7.1 seconds, thanks to it’s massive 500Nm peak torque and 231 horsepower. The other two petrol options to be introduced are the 320i Convertible and the 330i Convertible.The new BMW 3-Series Convertible will debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on 7 January, 2007 and will go on sale in March 2007.
3convertible3.jpg

jamalll2000 said:
Nice car but.......how much the price.....

lol ... how did that saying go..."If you have to ask......" :D

No pricing info in the US yet, anticipate a healthy 5-10% premium over an E92 equivalent (328i and 335i).

Top Bottom