2002 enthusiasts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kevster30

Club Guest
Any 2002 owners or enthusiasts lurking round here?I have always loved this car for it's purity of design and drivability.Anyway for all those who might be considering restoring one check this out:THIS IS SOME SERIOUS SHIT!And for those not familiar, this is what a 2002 looks like:

re-living the topic again huh...
yes i've missed my 02 quite considerably & still gawk at them when i see one on the road.
there's one for sale in the club here that's pushing out 200bhp and a lot of work done to it. asking 23k including a trailer! hah.

I posted some local ones here in the old forum...i'll post it again...
if you guys think the handling of the e30s are the bees knees...u dont know what its like throwing one of these babies around...
my old 02 isn't a show car, but the suspension bits & all were sorted out & cant forget how it use to go around those bends..i go through them daily with my old 325i & e30...still not the same!!! :blush:

Helloooooo.... how many projects you want to start? This is one of the worst cases of self-racuning I've seen for some time. :beaten:

Time to venture on the road to Weissach man! :wink:

bes911

Aiyo bored lar. All work & no play is bad for health. Plus this project may not be too costly. No place to park tho.
Pssstttt, we need to discuss more the other project that you got me interested in. :D

You can always park your e30xxx at my place :D Just leave your keys behind.

Well if you're up to being racun beyond the Bavarian marque, you've come to the right stop :eek:k:

Originally posted by Alvin@Feb 18 2005, 10:07 AM
bes911

We need to talk. I'm willing to explore beyond. :D
Me thinks sumthing is brewing here... :nyehehe:

so, how many 2002 owners are there in the club?

got mine 2.5 years ago, but it's been in the garage for over 1 year. Total restoration man. parts were hard as hell to find. overhaul, strip, primer and seal for rustjob, respray. dammit, it burnt a huge hole in my pocket the size of germany, but, heck, it WAS WORTH IT!

anywayz, the RM23K '02 being talked about, that's a pretty good bargain if u ask me. which 1 is it? is it the tii model? silver one?

good to finally find local enthuasists around. cheers guys...

BMW2002,

Do try to join us for TT some time, would love to check out your ride!

Meanwhile, how about some pics?

bmw2002 - how r u man? heard that ur 02 is still under restoration, well keep us posted then..

Guys.. fyi, i have one too. Maybe if some of the members remember, i used to drive my 02 to the TT session during the Al Kenchana days.. Maybe some of you have seen it on the road before, the bright yellow color that is..

I am trying to locate this one chap from the Classic car club, need to join his club, then i could get a letter from the classic car club for me to get a discount on the road tax, just pay 20% only ! Once i locate him i plan to participate in the Classic/Vintage Car exhibition during the Formula 1 week, which is held annually at the Dataran Merdeka. You guys should go there man, some of the cars there are real beauty..FOC some more, the best exhibit, if compare to those motorshow that we used to see like KL Motorshow.

Will try to attach some photos soon, once i know how to do it!

Cheers

ps - Fuhrer - keep this forum active man, even if u are not driving the 02 anymore. Hmm, the AUS 23k sounds tempting.. the trailer could be packed with lots and lots of cold beer man !

Wassup dudes....

kevster...will try to join up on 1 of ur TTs (btw, does that stand for Tea Time?) what the heck's TT and HH man? i'm lost :blink:

Naharnms... i've actually restored 95% of it. 1 or 2 things still missing, like my side view mirrors and a few other items. need to change my rubber seals around the window and such.

hang on guys... will be posting my pix up soon... i know i know... doesn't take more than a minute. but it's posted on the bmw2002registry website.

Check it out if u got time:
http://www.2002register.com/carPage/carpage.jsp?vin=4201790

i'm gonna change my rims soon. have yet to find a suitable one around. once found one and told the guy @ Garang Racing in PJ Old Town i was damn sure of buying it, and told him to hold on to it. the dude sold it off the day i was supposed to come. :angry: it was a classic one, something like those 8 spoke ones u find on the beetles and minis sometimes... 15'' ones. bloody hell....

if u chk my profile, the rims i want is the same with the one i posted. it's some1 elses car... but the exact rims i'm looking for... any advice on where i can find it? would appreciate it guys.. :D

keep me posted.

David

yo naharnms.... speaking of the road tax discount thing man... i've heard of it... and it's really good man i hear... coz like u end up paying only like RM105 for the road tax rite? that's like paying for a kancil or sth... and that's really cool seeing how mine's a 2liter....

isn't it easy to get? i didn't know u had to get a referral from some1 inside the club. i remember AAM telling me that i could actually go to JPJ to get the approval...

oh, and i 4got to add that... apart from all the minor restorations left, i'm currently looking for a '02 carb.... under the hood is a jap carb now, it works fine.... but nothing like the real deal.... B)

cheers

Top Bottom