1992 Citroen ZX - Sell/Project/Spares/Scrap

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shanbala

Club Guest
My brother has owned this car since 1992 (bought it new when it was launched in Malaysia). Since the turn ofthe year, he has lost interest in maintaining this car. With his family members having their own rides (wife, two daughters) and his own company car,maintaining 5 cars is becoming more difficult and expensive (not to mention time consuming). My brother has had it valued for scrap but he would rather someone used it for a project or even as their second car. Specification as follows:1992 Year manufactured/registered / 4-Door Manual / Well maintained interiorPowersteering / Electricwindows (front only) / Sunroof(electric) / Rearseat foldableNo damage to body work / One owner from new

Nice 1992 Citroen ZX there. Now am wondering how much it will cost to bring the car to full running condition? Are the parts hard to find and expensive? How the condition of the engine? Topoverhaul required?

im using one myself..parts are hard to find..unless you have a spare car with u..

anaksarawak;841091 said:
Nice 1992 Citroen ZX there. Now am wondering how much it will cost to bring the car to full running condition? Are the parts hard to find and expensive? How the condition of the engine? Topoverhaul required?

Excluding a respray, my brother says the car will be ready for a Puspkom check by spending less than RM 1500.
Item to be done:
1) fuel pump - around RM 200-300 (2nd hand)
2) change all fluids in the car
3)charge the battery
4) full service

No need for top overhaul. Car not losing black oil.
As you will notice from the photos, the car is parked in the drive way (not left on street to idle away). The interior is in excellent condition.

As to maintainig the car,
a) wear & tear parts easy to come by - Asli motors still stock them
b) other parts - many potong kereta carry citroen parts , you need a reliable citroen mechanic. To save $$$, securing the parts ownself is better.

Call me if interested and I will put you in contact with my brother. Talk to him directly.

Mizhan.....i tot the same question too but the first picture shows a 4 door variant!

Guys, for 5K and some additional monies - one can get a continental car to drive around and during its hey days, it was rated to have a very good suspension!

If you have a young child who is just starting to drive - I think this would be ideal and it does not look so dated also. Would you put him or her in a 5K Kancil or Proton? I will not.

Free bump to give an old car another chance at life!

Jules;842112 said:
Mizhan.....i tot the same question too but the first picture shows a 4 door variant!

Guys, for 5K and some additional monies - one can get a continental car to drive around and during its hey days, it was rated to have a very good suspension!

If you have a young child who is just starting to drive - I think this would be ideal and it does not look so dated also. Would you put him or her in a 5K Kancil or Proton? I will not.

Free bump to give an old car another chance at life!

Thanks Jules for your comments. These were my exact thots also. If my son was only a few years older, I would have jumped at the opportunity. I have personally driven this car many,many times over the years and it does give you a "high". It is well balanced and does response very well into corners.

Car is still available. There is a high possibility that we might carry out the repairs ourselves and re-advertise at a later date. Only time will tell.

Got Further Discount ahh...my Car Killing me with Fuel Charges ...can use this as my Sales Car... :top:

Val101;842161 said:
Got Further Discount ahh...my Car Killing me with Fuel Charges ...can use this as my Sales Car... :top:

ALL offers for the ZX will be considered. The car was priced (negotiable) with the view that any potential purchaser will need to spend extra $$$ on closing of the deal.
Thus, make me offer. SMS or call for a chat.

rgds

Top Bottom