1978 633 project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wirelessjunkie

Club Guest
Guys, What do you think of a 1978 633 csi as a project car? I also found this along side the car complete with gearbox, longshaft , gearbox + rear axle

very interesting that is a m series engine.

to restore a 6 series needs a fat wallet.

mechnical parts is easy to get but interior parts are difficult to get.

if you don't want the m series engine let me know the contact no. i am interested

thanks

ah...which engine is this? S38 3.6 or 3.8?
or is it the 286hp version?

Just a caution...parts for the older M engines cost 2x to 3x more than normal bmw parts.

Not too familiar with the old sixers...but if its restored and u have a M engine in it...i'm sure it would be an awesome car!!!

Dumping the engine in an E28 or E34 would be an option too...and if you are adventurous, try the E30.

Originally posted by Franklin@Jul 31 2005, 07:23 AM
ah...which engine is this? S38 3.6 or 3.8?
or is it the 286hp version?

Just a caution...parts for the older M engines cost 2x to 3x more than normal bmw parts.

Not too familiar with the old sixers...but if its restored and u have a M engine in it...i'm sure it would be an awesome car!!!

Dumping the engine in an E28 or E34 would be an option too...and if you are adventurous, try the E30.
franklin, i'll kill myself if were in my e30.. can't handle that much power. :beaten:

Kev

No need to worry lar. TOK oni wan. Cheh!

Now for my new Slogan.

MOD LAR! SCARE AR!

Originally posted by Alvin@Aug 1 2005, 02:23 AM
Kev

No need to worry lar. TOK oni wan. Cheh!

Now for my new Slogan.

MOD LAR! SCARE AR!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pussy, they are taking you on for this one. Dump that engine into your car and show them what you can do. We know where that engine is :).......... Alvin, actually it is where your car is now. Don't be shocked if you find a more powerful engine in your M3.

Interesting!!!

I M O, I wouldn't bother about the 633 unless it's

a: 1 of the rare Hallmark versions or

b: bodily sound and complete. BMWs, like any other car of that period, do rust, and the E24 more so than the E12 or E28 on which they were based.

The 'M' bits, on the other hand, will come in handy. Which BMW are they from?

KLH8, E34 M5.

Alvin, BALLS I won't mod? On the Mods lar, scared ar.....Other than YOU, Puss, Bundy, Zoggee, Fabs, ME and a few others (can't remember), I doubt that many actually does the full monty on their cars....**sigh** .... It should be....come lar, mod lar.....for encouragement for the rest to join the creed. Anyways, once my GTA project is near completion, who knows as the engine is just sitting there? How about this?

Alfa lar, scared Ar? Hee Hee ;)

Show some encouragement la....not dissing wanna be modders off... I'm lost for words especially when I am trying to get back into the circle after having owned and heavily modded 6 Bimmers.

Don't understand why threre is so much hostility in bm forum. Instead of discussing the cars you guys loved, you dissed people off. Chill out.

BTW, KLH 8, Hallmark is a greeting card company. You probably meant highline which was never available for 633. It was introduced towards the end of the production of 6er.

I know of a 635CSI highline for sale. Pristine condition going for RM80k. It belongs to a Singaporean fruits wholesaler who operates in KL.

zagato,

i think if you spend more time hanging out with the forummers, and reading the finer lines, the tagline is suppose to be a friendly gesture........in real life, the names mention by WJ are drinking buds, whatever "dissing" on the forum stays on the forum, but in real life we are a bunch of happy go lucky guys.....

there are not many hardcore modders or extreme enthutiasts, most are pretenders, wannabes, shiok sendiri comediens.......
so the tagline is also suppose to weed out potentially serious bimmerheads as these words are of more of a motivation rather than sidelining them

would love to see another M engine in the E30........but putting the M in the E34 would be sumthing cool.......and throw out off the e34 kings.....naza2 and 535i........now that's sumthing to look forward to.......

Top Bottom