18" tyre pressure ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tkk

Club Guest
Dear Friend,Recently just changed to 18" AC rim + Toyo tyre... i'm wondering what is the right pressure for our E34 body? Can anyone share ?Thanks,

Thanks alot Black... i found that the tyre shop is only adjust 28psi for my tyre. i just increase more psi now to 34psi. will try run a week and see the handling

that is a foreman advice me 38 psi.... i wonder he is joking with me or not

I use 36 front and 38 back on 17's. I think its better to 'protect' the rims a bit. If you check out http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html it mentions that best pressure is personal but a good place to start is the max pressure listed on the tire MINUS 10%. Highest I have been with mine is 38 and so far so good.

Mine is 38psi front and 40psi rear ... bumpy to say the least but it worked great for me cos i was having tramlining issues and d car steered pretty good. mine is Falken452

max pressure for most tyre's is about 50psi ... but that is not the safe operating pressure which i reckon 40 psi is hovering on the limit of safe operating pressure cos heat will expand our tyre to about 2-4 psi ... so please remember 40psi on a long journey or on track is not 40psi but actually around 36 or 37 psi and will increase to 39 or 40 psi due to heat

34 psi for 18".

Should not be less than 30psi cos you will loose the seal when go over bump.

B33mEr;375844 said:
max pressure for most tyre's is about 50psi ... but that is not the safe operating pressure which i reckon 40 psi is hovering on the limit of safe operating pressure cos heat will expand our tyre to about 2-4 psi ... so please remember 40psi on a long journey or on track is not 40psi but actually around 36 or 37 psi and will increase to 39 or 40 psi due to heat

The site suggested starting at Max minus 10% which in this case would be 45psi but it also said to try out different pressures to find one you like. I didn't dare pump in that much as you rightfully pointed out about the increase in tire pressure when hot. I think each person has different requirements and expectations. I quite like the 36/38 (f/r) I am using now but it does transmit more secondary bumps through the suspension so might not be to every ones liking.

Thanks to everyone... right now i'm using 34/36 (f/r) will try for a week. then will increase to 36/38 psi. if the tyre can take it further or not feel much bumpi. i will go 38/40 psi.

just check the tire sidewall. for the Toyo tyre it can support up to 50psi pressure.

which mean, i can have try out 40psi

tkk;376362 said:
just check the tire sidewall. for the Toyo tyre it can support up to 50psi pressure.

which mean, i can have try out 40psi

bro.. please be careful.. Over inflating your tyre will not give your any benefit. In fact, it might cause your tyres to blowout due to over pressure. Please follow the recomendation as specify by the manufacturer.

Hi Jarance,

can you share what is the recomendation manufacturer tyre pressure?

it should be on you door card or door sill ... 34/36 - 36/38 can consider as max for safe operating pressure ... unless you really know what you're doing :)

B33mEr;376441 said:
it should be on you door card or door sill ... 34/36 - 36/38 can consider as max for safe operating pressure ... unless you really know what you're doing :)

Yup as mentioned by beemer, it on the door still for standard or stock tyres. When you upgrade to bigger rims, it usualy recommend by the tyres suppliers.

For my 18", it is 34 psi, filled with N2.. :wink:

I use 32/34 (f/r) on my 18". Prv used 34/36 but my tire shop said not too high...

hi all,

i feel that 35/37 is better and not so bumpi... anyway this setting will be nice for my car

Wow! All so high pressure?

On the days I want to 'run' fast, I go 32psi all around.
On working days, going through our beautiful KL roads, 28psi all around.
I'm running on 18" 235/40 Front, 245/40 rear.

Surprisingly, rear has even wear.....

(By the way, notice how our KL roads are deteriorating by the day? sigh...)

your setup is same as me... 235/40 for front and 245/40 for rear...

you could try out the pressure... as i never use this car for long distance. normally use in PJ ~~ KL only.

Top Bottom