15'' rims for 2002

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW2002

Club Guest
Yo guys... does anyone here know any contacts for rims?I'm looking for a set of sweet rims for my ride. :nyehehe: i'm thinking of getting a 15'' ones. I know that my PCD should be a 100. but not too sure of the offset. How do i know this? :dunno:Also, what tyre size is good for the 15''s.....Naharms? Kev30? any advice?Naharms, I'm aware from our conversation that the '02s came originally with 13'' rimsand as u said, becoz there weren't 15''s and 16''s for those models at that time. But what's actually the best setup in terms of rims and tyres for the '02?One that doesn't compromise on speed, pickup?Also one that doesn't add to fuel consumption. :yes!: Anyone here no any leads?? Appreciate it guys.... Cheers.... :yahoo:

Yes the pcd is 4x100. you can use any rims from the e21-30 range as far as i know.
but don't go over 15 should be okie as the originals came in 13s.

Can't remember what offset but i've tried 195/50/15 and also 205/50/15 with no rubbing.

David,

Call me when you have the time to go down to Klang. I know a place with original rims(and many other BMW choices).

BTW, killer ride man.....!

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Mar 6 2005, 01:07 AM
Yes the pcd is 4x100. you can use any rims from the e21-30 range as far as i know.
but don't go over 15 should be okie as the originals came in 13s.
e21 - offset = 18mm on standard. 13x5.5. My 15 x 7 off set is 12mm - no problems.

e30 - offset = 25mm on standard 14x6, correct me if I am wrong.

I would think the 2002 would be closer to the e21. Don't know for sure.

yeah e21 offset would be closer. i mention e30 rims because its also quite common for them to use the bottle cap rims.

Thx guys for all your advice. I thought i had posted a reply long time ago, but somehow it didn't appear

Ichiwan, thx for the contacts for the shocks. didn't work out though. i eventually got it via singapore as well.

Kevster, free this Satday?? or maybe on a weekday? wanna change rims before the Dinner! :nyehehe: :nyehehe:

anyway, thx for all the input fellas. appreciate it.

you bought kev's old rims with the lip is it? should look sweet on the 2002! pics when u've fitted them!

hmmmm.... kevster has a set?? hmmmmm :eek:

didn't know that. So, Kev when can i view it?

Fuhrer, i was actually asking Kevster if he was free this weekend to take me to the rims shop he was talking about. hehe

but thx for the info. hehe

So, u still in OZ? sorry, i don't know who u r in person. So even if u were at any TT, i still wouldn't know. besides, i seldom go for TTs anyway. haha

i thought u sold the 02, or do u still have it? coz i saw them nominating ur ride in the IAD: Classic section

im in oz so i dont go to tts as well..haha..
my 02 is long gone..
how about some bbs rs in 15 inch..would they fit you reckon? they should look super sweet on your 2002 mate! :)

thought of that. but we'll see what comes along. found some 16''s the other day, but figured they were too big and too heavy looking for my car, at this point.

right now i'm on 13''s. getting fedup of it. haha

cheers dude

i war running on some 13 inch's Rial Rims as well..good for acceleration but not good for the looks..hheeh..

:yahoo: :yahoo: The search is over! the rims this baby has been looking for has at long last been found. :D :D :D

Thank you all for all your advice, help and wisdom.

A very special thanks to Kevster. Thanks bro for taking time off to test drive my 2002 :wink: and burn some rubber off my new set of tyres. :aggressive: haha!

no, but seriously, thx Kev for finding the perfect set for me and all who helped me search for rims. u know who u r. really appreciate it. IAD_here i come!!! :yahoo:

I Am reaDy = IAD

It was a bright and sunny Saturday afternoon. We took off from PJ and headed to some secluded area near a port.

After about 1.5 hours (of pit stops and travel time), we reached the location. It was rims galore. We had to go deep in to find the rims that I once thought was never to be found. Finally, from deep in the den, we could see a sparkle and a slight shimmer.

Upon excavating abit more, it finally reared its gleaming head. THERE IT WAS!

The moment we set eyes on it, we knew in an instance, that this was it!

We quickly uncovered it before the mass of others flocked and grabbed it.

A set of beautiful Made in Italy set of FONDMETALs. PDC100. ET18. Just perfect.

After uncovering the remaining 3 from the rubble, we set off to mount it on the machine that it was meant for.

And there it stood. On all four. The support base for a fitting match. A 2002.

:eek: :huh: :blink: :ph34r: Sensationalism abit. Most of it was over the hill. :rofl:

I Am reaDy

Top Bottom