15" AC Type 1 or 18" AC Type 2?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

DmC

Club Guest
Guys,I need your opinions..I'm driving an e28 & currently using 18" replica AC Type 2..I have extra rims which is the 15" original AC Type 1.. My dad wants me to sell the 15" but i dont want to coz its original & its rare..He asked me to choose only 1 set of rims.. If u were in my situation, what would u do?Need help.. Thanks Cheers

Since you can't keep both... then you have to choose between *looks* & *comfort*... looks with 18" or comfort with 15"... I mean there are still minor difference in terms of build quality, scratches & stuff... but it all comes down to looks or comfort.... & budget for new tyres....

I'd keep the 18, sell the 15. Why? Simple, you actually already made up your mind if you think about it. Whats the point of using just because its original and its rare when you actually like the 18" better? The choice is clear to me. And yes, KL2DC is right, size matters in this case. :)

Thanks for your opinions guys..
Yeah its true... its a matter of LOOKS vs COMFORT..
I like the looks now eventhough the comfort is a bit off..

Honestly, I didnt know that the 15" was original til i double checked it..
I was so into buying a bigger rims until i neglected the 15"s..

Hmmmm.. Thanks again for the opinions..
Appreciate it...

Yeop,
He He He.. Still under consideration la about selling the 15"..
However, If i decide to sell it, U'll be the 1st on my list?
Btw, 15" for PAPI?
Biler nak bawak naik jln2..?

You forgot about acceleration and fuel consumption.

The bigger rims are heavier (static weight). They also have a heavier rotational weight.

Bigger rims also mean wider tyres - more drag - fuel consumption goes up and you get tyre scrub. Furthermore, your reduced sidewall height could lead to kerb rash if you are not careful in side parking and rim bengkok when you hit the many potholes on the Malaysian roads.

Hard ride - more wear and tear on your suspension bushes and shock absorbers.

But if looks is what matters to you.......

ichiwan2,
i guess i forgot about the acceleration & fuel consumption..
yeah u r right.. its much more heavier compared to the 15"s.. somemore replica..

asman & JDY,
I might go for the 18's.. going for the look now..
later after future project then will consider this again..

Thanks for the opinions guys..
Appreciate it..

I thinks 17" for E28 if there is an option. But Between the 15" & 18" definitly 18".

Shukri,

My suggestion is to use the ori ASC Type 1 for the time being till you find other bigger rim because :-

Type 1 is very rare - ada duit pun tak boleh beli, replica pun takde
Type 2 ... bersepah, not to mention replica, made in Kepong pun ade !!!!!
Since you using e28, you need a classic rim. Type 2 is too moden for yr car
Max you should go for yr rims is 16" (e28 M5 & M535 is using 16"), ( Roundel Award, Best e28 is on 16'' )
17" maybe..........
18" will make yr car look smaller and people will see the rim first than the car.

between 15" Type1 and 18" Type2----- I will choose the Type 1 since you need to match it with the e28. It will looks better than the Type2

my 2sen ....
Yazid

15" is the practical choice......18" if you don't mind changing your bushes, ball joints and mountings often.....the e28 was NEVER engineered to accept wheel sizes bigger then 16".......

kevster30 said:
15" is the practical choice......18" if you don't mind changing your bushes, ball joints and mountings often.....the e28 was NEVER engineered to accept wheel sizes bigger then 16".......

there you have it the sifu has spoken.

Thanks for the opinions guys.. So pening now..
Damn, i didnt know it'll harm the bushes, ball joints & mountings..
Hhhmmm.. in that case, Kev i need your help in refurbishing my 15"s..
I guess i'll try use the 15's back for a while after refurbish it..
Will see how it goes...
Thanks again guys..

hhehehe.. Yeop.. dun worry..
We'll c how it goes k?
Now i'm kinda confuse.. pening..
Haiiyahhh... fickle minded..
hehehe..

Top Bottom