118i - good buy ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

na993

Club Guest
Hi sifus; am asking on behalf of potential new commer to Bimmer World, a friend looking to purchase, with following info :The car is in impeccable condition (not even a door ding) and is a 2006 BMW 118i. As far as I can tell, it is the top spec (CBU) and is, supposedly, the only one in Malaysia with the iDrive option. It has every option available on the model - am told and has new Goodyear RFT tyres last week (1,000 each). All servicing has been done by Sapura/Auto Bavaria. No accidents. Only 33,500 kms. Asking for @ RM140K.As my knowledge mostly on E30, appreciate your advice on this model, any known issues, concerns etc.Thanking you in advance.:top:

i just bought e87 CBU unit from ingress.Mine doesnt come with idrive.I would say its a good car if 140k with a close to perfection why not? Try to go for scanner to find out any problems rather than just check out the service record only..and maybe standby few thousand extra incase anything shows up..we uses continental RFT as I know dunlop RFT are not used in malaysia market anymore for bmw malaysia (based on ppl told me).its brought in by bmw malaysia or grey market?

Thanks bro bukanmain, hope to hear from other sifus on the 1series....

I have a E87. Nice drive but a bit compact especially small boot and rear passenger space. Good as a second car. For that price, in my opinion, a 2006 320i would be a better choice. When buying a car, I always advise my friends to buy a car that you like, then you will love to drive it, not just because it is cheaper. Good luck on your choice

Bringing up this more or less old thread.

I just bought an 2009 E87 118i with 34k KM on her at RM154k and the car has been checked and certified good by my mechanic. So in my humble opinion, RM140k for a pre-facelift 2006 E87 would be slightly on the high side.

And recently if you notice in some magz or webbies there's a 2011 118i going for RM16xk.....

The A3 2.0TQ would be a more realistic competitor to the 118i in terms of price, and I'd go either of those over the GTI any day. The GTI is in a completely different segment of the market when it comes to quality.

Top Bottom