08 E90 DRLs?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nightfly

Club Guest
Hi guys..i was just wondering with the pre facelift e90 with xenon housing, the DRL is it the halo ring or the inner lights?Thanks

Uhhh dude, it may help if you don't use acronyms. I for one don't know what DRL is!

hey thanks for the reply :), sorry for the acronym

yea what i meant was the Daytime Running Lights, the part of the front lights is kinda always on.

What i wanted to ask was with the 2008 Pre facelift model which lights is the DRL? is it possible to set the angel eyes or the ring lights to be the DRL?

Thanks man..

The DRL that's available for E90 (not all variant depending on year and/or model) is everything on. Since the Xenon is very low consumption in electricity, the DRL program switches all on.

Check your user manual. If there this function, it will be in your OBC (On Board Computer) and can toggle on/off using your OBC access, just like picking whether you wish to unlock all 4 doors or driver only on single press of the FOB remote.

Damn... so difficult to avoid acronyms..

Thanks for the reply :)

however i'm a bit confused now, u meant by switches all on is that everything inclduing the inner lights are on? except the taillights?

May i ask what yr and model on urs? and which lights turned on with DRL on ur car?

i know the best solution is to try it on my car, but i havent got mine yet. Just being ready to ask the dealer to set things up :)

Also is it even possible to ask the dealer to set the ring lights to be always on?

Thank u very muchhh.... :)

For the facelifted E90, the DRLs are the new angel eyes which are much brighter than the pre-facelift AE (keeping the acronyms going)..

NF, what AB said is that in the pre-LCI E90, the DRLs are both the AEs and XNs. And as E46F said, in the LCI E90, the DRLs are only the AEs. The ILs and TLs are not on when you choose the DRL option. (Sorry, sorry, just joining in the fun :D)

And you don't need your dealer SA to set things up for you, it's all very easy to set up or change with the OBC or iDrive, depending on the model. The SA probably can't change the program for the pre-LCI DRLs, but no harm asking.

One solution for pre-LCI units is to switch on your parking lights manually, nightfly. Those are the 4 very pretty angel eyes and they look good in the daytime.

Schwepps;394627 said:
NF, what AB said is that in the pre-LCI E90, the DRLs are both the AEs and XNs. And as E46F said, in the LCI E90, the DRLs are only the AEs. The ILs and TLs are not on when you choose the DRL option. (Sorry, sorry, just joining in the fun :D)

And you don't need your dealer SA to set things up for you, it's all very easy to set up or change with the OBC or iDrive, depending on the model. The SA probably can't change the program for the pre-LCI DRLs, but no harm asking.

Dude u r good at this LOL :top:

One more thing though with the suggested parking lights does the turn indicator lights at the front turned on too? or just the four eyes and taillights?

Just wondering is there an easy way to only turn these four angel eyes and anything else turned off :)

Thanks guyss

The indicators don't come on, just the angel eyes and tail lights. Sorry dude, but the easiest (and maybe only) way is to get the LCI E90 :)

Schwepps;394633 said:
Those are the 4 very pretty angel eyes and they look good in the daytime.

Guys, Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't those called corona rings for the E90 while angel eyes for the E46?

MSport;394678 said:
Guys, Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't those called corona rings for the E90 while angel eyes for the E46?

Yep! Its actually called Corona Ring ~ effect of solar eclipse. Angel ring is layman language... I still don't know which angel's eye looks like that.. :rolleyes:

solar_eclipse.jpg

Top Bottom