You damage your windscreen if you use rain repellent,why?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ashman55

Club Guest
My windscreen has a hairline crack.I was told the line can't be treated because the chemicals in the windscreen will reject the resin inserted.The windscreen actually being treated to repel rain,so do not put rain repellent onto the windscreen because it will washed off the chemicals that already there.I think not only late model f10 but all other newer model's windscreen is treated the same way.Why SA at BMWs outlet never tell us..

Cannot be.
Before the windscreen guy put the resin in, they will clean the windscreen with alcohol. Any rain repellent residue should be gone by then.

Did you ask them what would the alternative be? Most likely they will tell you must only use BMW branded rain repellent :d

ashman55;724871 said:
My windscreen has a hairline crack.I was told the line can't be treated because the chemicals in the windscreen will reject the resin inserted.The windscreen actually being treated to repel rain,so do not put rain repellent onto the windscreen because it will washed off the chemicals that already there.I think not only late model f10 but all other newer model's windscreen is treated the same way.Why SA at BMWs outlet never tell us..

May i know where do u get this information from??? because i was told that also from the windscreen repairman... not too sure how truth is it... is it a common prob f10 has??? because both of my friend's f10 who travel quite a lot also kena hairline crack!!!

Since there seems to be a pattern of F10s having similar issues, could it be that these are indeed 'Manufacturing Defects' and if this is the case, would it not be covered under 'warranty'?

I don't think it's due to the rain repellent. If such repellent really causes issues, the company manufacturing it would've been sued left, right and centre in Europe/US. Those countries have strong consumer laws and they can even sue the company if the tomato sauce tastes like chilli sauce (if not stated correctly) :) Therefore it's most likely a manufacturing defect or maybe hit by stones during high speed?

Top Bottom