X3 2.0d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wglee

Club Guest
Tucked away very discreetly in AB's price lists is the X3 2.0d.I wonder how this car performs. Anyone tried it before?

helloo have u all registered for AD...its just 2 weeks away

wglee said:
Tucked away very discreetly in AB's price lists is the X3 2.0d.

I wonder how this car performs. Anyone tried it before?
I have test driven both the 2.5 and 3.0 versions. Like the 3.0 with the panaromic sunroof and alittle bit more power. Turning circle is great. Not sure why it is not as hot as the X5. The X5 seems abit too heavy for my wife to appreciate on a daily basis but i would prefer the x5 if not for the price.

hi kamal-bmw, thx for yr comments but wld appreciate if u cld intro yrslf ye mate.....cheers........Assalamualaikum...............

due to the distorted price structure for vehicles in Malaysia, the price for the X3 doesn't make it attractive. It's a lot of money for a not-so-big car. There are other options out there and not forgetting the X5 which isn't really that much out of reach if one were to have considered the X3..

wglee... i have test driven the X3 2.0d and it's quite fun to drive... especially with a manual gearbox! The diesel engine provides alot of low-end torque and power is adequate for daily driving. And the fuel economy is surprising!

I saw a Green colour used X3 2.0d in the AB Subang. At first I was thinking of a test drive. But when I get the key and started the engin, my wife juz walked out from the X3. Because the 2.0d engine sound like a "Air-Port Taxi". :D I wonder who will pay RM200K to drive a taxi around town, haha. ANd the sit is so "plastick" feel.

A few days after that I tested a 06 X3 3.0i, and all I can say is....."WOW", it is a very fast SUV. And the 3.0 engine sound just like a BMW.

I own a 2.0d X3.

I reckon most of you are right when you say the car sounds like an airport taxi. Or maybe a Singapore taxi.

Having owned it for almost 1 month now, I have made the following observations:
1. Noise, Vibration, Insulation: Damned choon - compared with other diesel SUVs in the market (i used to drive a Toyota Fortuner 2.5d before it was stolen). I've also driven a Kia Sorento owned by a friend recently and there was just no comparison with the X3 in terms of cabin noise.

2. Handling and ride comfort - Aside from some wallowing on uneven surfaces on the highways, it rides and handles as good as most cars.

3. Fuel economy - Just the past week, I've made trips down south to Singapore and up north to Penang. Covered approximately 2000kms this week on 2 tanks of fuel. Avg combined fuel consumption (highway plus sales runs in penang, seremban, melaka, jb and singapore) is about 6.4l / 100kms. Which at today's diesel prices equate to approximately 16.5sen / km. My sister's Myvi is avg'g 21 sen /km. That I reckon is just amazing. Road tax is a little on the high side: RM 438 p.a. but with the fuel savings (assuming the petrol and diesel prices remain proportional) will be more than worth it - plus it qualifies for the RM 625 rebate on personal registration.

I love my airport taxi!!!

blurx3;333412 said:
I own a 2.0d X3.

I reckon most of you are right when you say the car sounds like an airport taxi. Or maybe a Singapore taxi.

Having owned it for almost 1 month now, I have made the following observations:
1. Noise, Vibration, Insulation: Damned choon - compared with other diesel SUVs in the market (i used to drive a Toyota Fortuner 2.5d before it was stolen). I've also driven a Kia Sorento owned by a friend recently and there was just no comparison with the X3 in terms of cabin noise.

2. Handling and ride comfort - Aside from some wallowing on uneven surfaces on the highways, it rides and handles as good as most cars.

3. Fuel economy - Just the past week, I've made trips down south to Singapore and up north to Penang. Covered approximately 2000kms this week on 2 tanks of fuel. Avg combined fuel consumption (highway plus sales runs in penang, seremban, melaka, jb and singapore) is about 6.4l / 100kms. Which at today's diesel prices equate to approximately 16.5sen / km. My sister's Myvi is avg'g 21 sen /km. That I reckon is just amazing. Road tax is a little on the high side: RM 438 p.a. but with the fuel savings (assuming the petrol and diesel prices remain proportional) will be more than worth it - plus it qualifies for the RM 625 rebate on personal registration.

I love my airport taxi!!!

Congratulation, seem like you love your X3 very much:rock:~!!!!

Friend, how much you pay for your X3 2.0D~??? and from Whom~? Auto Baveria, sapura auto or from Ingress:listen:~???

blurx3;333412 said:
Road tax is a little on the high side: RM 438 p.a. but with the fuel savings (assuming the petrol and diesel prices remain proportional) will be more than worth it - plus it qualifies for the RM 625 rebate on personal registration.

RM438 p.a isn't high lah.... Ur X3 manual or Auto.. I know there are some manual X3 2.0d in Malaysia...

fabianyee;333521 said:
RM438 p.a isn't high lah.... Ur X3 manual or Auto.. I know there are some manual X3 2.0d in Malaysia...

X3 2.0d are all manual tranny....:rock::rock:

wmg111;333645 said:
X3 2.0d are all manual tranny....:rock::rock:

hehe.. paiseh paiseh... U still keeping yours?.. U change cars like change underwear lah.. can't keep track...

Hi all

I got it from AB for slightly under 200k together with the BSRI package. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Considering the alternatives within that price range. Yeah.. it's a manual tranny.

ANd yes, definitely loving it.

fabianyee;333647 said:
hehe.. paiseh paiseh... U still keeping yours?.. U change cars like change underwear lah.. can't keep track...

Wuakakaka~...mine is cheap underwear la :rock: :rock: :rock:

I've sold the 2.0d for a new Coop S long ago. :thefinger: :top: :burnout: :burnout:

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

wmg111;335247 said:
Wuakakaka~...mine is cheap underwear la :rock: :rock: :rock:

I've sold the 2.0d for a new Coop S long ago. :thefinger: :top: :burnout: :burnout:

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

I see, friend, is the Mini Cooper S a fun car:rock:~??? and as I know Cooper S only have manual version, am I right~???

Top Bottom