WTB -Looking for Z3 in Penang

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jetpeh

Club Guest
Hi allI am looking for a good Z3 for sale in Penang. Do let me know if anyone has any unit for sale at reasonable price for sale in Penang.Mail me at jasonpeh_ims@yahoo.com or call me at 019 4717576.Thanks

yes I know

tried calling him but keeps on delaying to arrange viewing the car...seems to be with his cousin in KL....abit suspicious...anyway don't seem to see many z3's around...but a lot of slks.

z3 in KL

Hi

I will be making a trip down to KL to see some z3's during this Raya holidays...anyone available for viewing please let me know

Thanks

there is one in Mitsuoka Jln University
Silver 99 (its a 97 from VIN number), manual roof, 1.9 no cruise control

Another one in Danau Kota (saw from the star classified)
Green 98, 1.9 with manual roof also. No cruise control

Also in EOA there is one 2000cc
year 2000, manual roof also.

These are the 3 units that i saw. i got mine a week ago :p

Jeffroom;454068 said:
Bro..get the one wit wide body...so much nicer!!!

:) I agree... but the non wide bodied unit is the one to go for if ur planning on converting to a Z3M...cos the M spec does not come in wide body. :p

Performance for the 1.9L/1.8L is not far away from the 2.0L too (until u get to the highway) plus u get only single vanos for pre 1998/99 models with 1.9/1.8L engines. I think 2.0L was only introduced in late 1999 with double vanos and ending with the technically updated engine (engine code M52TUB20) in late 2000.

ahh, I wish I had taken the 2.2L wide bodied model instead... :( I went to KL with the sole intention of putting down a deposit and was told that it had been sold to some lucky fella in KL... :)

My overall experience with my 2.0L Z3 yr 2000 so far after 2 years+.. well, the car still manages to carve a smile (more like a grin) on my face during and after my daily topless drives back home after work. Sure, I get smoked by many ordinary looking powerful cars on the road, but its how u move from point A to point B that matters to me..haha! And yeah, I can squeeze about 5-8 bhp from stock by just adding a piggy back and much much more with a super charger costing 12 times more. :p But I think I'm gonna stick to stock standard for now until it ceases to amaze me...(tat might take a while) :)

If you want, we could have a get together to share my experiences with a simple TT over kopi/roti/tehtarik.
Anytime ur in Penang, gimme a tinker and I'll make time for a any good TT. :p

and oh ya...

I've left my car stock except for the rims which I got off a fellow forummer..(thanks again bro..haha) and a K&N drop in filter charger. Looking to replace my plugs soon tho and maybe the very most, a Unichip piggy back when the need arises. :)

Main complaints:
1) Safety belt light indicator lights up due to a losened/dislodged fastener clip behind the seat.No big deal
2) Brittle air bag covers on the doors (cheap to replace, only RM12-16 frm AB)
3) Minor drip leaks from the gap between the roof rubber seal and the door glass panel, may be fixed with some adjustments.

took the z3 for kuala kelawang a drive and it was so much fun :p

i also did took it to ipoh but highway is a bit sluggish compare to my ex-328 manual.

i think a manual box for the 1.9 M44 will be much more fun compare to the sluggish box now.

sorry to be asking this but what is EOA?

don't see the ad in the Star Classifieds anymore but I am meeting someone to see a green one as well linked in from Mudah...could be the same one....

Thanks for any leads ....you guys have been truly helpful...hopefully I can get mine soon. Saw one in red and it was really hot....

are you sure the ///M z3 is not wide body? I thought all the 6 cyl z3 is all wide bodied?

gcarch;454262 said:
:) I agree... but the non wide bodied unit is the one to go for if ur planning on converting to a Z3M...cos the M spec does not come in wide body. :p

Performance for the 1.9L/1.8L is not far away from the 2.0L too (until u get to the highway) plus u get only single vanos for pre 1998/99 models with 1.9/1.8L engines. I think 2.0L was only introduced in late 1999 with double vanos and ending with the technically updated engine (engine code M52TUB20) in late 2000.

ahh, I wish I had taken the 2.2L wide bodied model instead... :( I went to KL with the sole intention of putting down a deposit and was told that it had been sold to some lucky fella in KL... :)

My overall experience with my 2.0L Z3 yr 2000 so far after 2 years+.. well, the car still manages to carve a smile (more like a grin) on my face during and after my daily topless drives back home after work. Sure, I get smoked by many ordinary looking powerful cars on the road, but its how u move from point A to point B that matters to me..haha! And yeah, I can squeeze about 5-8 bhp from stock by just adding a piggy back and much much more with a super charger costing 12 times more. :p But I think I'm gonna stick to stock standard for now until it ceases to amaze me...(tat might take a while) :)

If you want, we could have a get together to share my experiences with a simple TT over kopi/roti/tehtarik.
Anytime ur in Penang, gimme a tinker and I'll make time for a any good TT. :p

Updates on my kl trip

Just some updates for guys monitoring my posts if you are looking for z3 in kl.

the mitsouka unit has been sold at Rm 93 K (not by me) according to the sales man

EOA - did not see it

The black one advertised in Mudah was also sold last week at RM 83 K according to the owner.

.... I am still looking for mine. Have seen two potential ones and arranging for a workshop to verify the condition before proceeding forward.....but still looking out if there is any one out there with one to recommend.

Thanks

yap tried it

it is a bit pricey at RM 93K for a 98 model....tried it and found some minor problems...

I would think the car should be about Rm 77 K - Rm 80K..then it would be worth it.

got my z3

Hi guys

Thanks for the wonderful insights and leads...I have confirmed on my z3 and going through the registration now. Hopefully I can get it into my garage by mid next week.

For those still looking there is one 2.0 wide bodied silver in Penang going for Rm 105 K - it was a good ride when I tried it but a bit underpowered probably due to lack of service. Felt it was too pricey.

Also another one in Puchong going for RM 98 k silver but not negotiated yet.

Anyone in Penang for TT?

test drove one 1997 2.8 z3

power is very nice and with hardtop

the owner is selling also.

Danau Kota shop

heng1028;456931 said:
u did not try the one in danau kota. green one?

hi heng 1028

Just to check with you on whether you have seen the danau kota shop before?

Not sure if the shop is trustworthy as i will be confirming that unit with them.

I am trying to get another view of the shop before going ahead.

thanks

Top Bottom