WTB : E36 328i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

pdtan

Club Guest
Being looking for well-maintained, low mileage E36 328i, Can anybody here help?

Bro, how well is well-maintained and how low is low mileage to you? The youngest E36 328i will age about 13-14 years and what kind of mileage are you expecting? Apart from the mileage, a well-maintained E36 328i can fetch >40K, are you willing to pay for the price? And not to forget those at dealers aren't always good as it looks, mileage tempered with very attractive prices. Good things don't come cheap and cheap things ain't good. Good luck in your quest. Cheers.

you are right pardy, "Good things don't come cheap and cheap things ain't good. " I shd hv parrot all u said above, but being a newbee here, n was trying to be brief.... 1000 apologies.

I did found several (5?) going for sale currently in the non-club forums, ie muxxx, lowxxx,txxcar by dealers around the range of 1966-1999 for $20+K-37k but were not put up here, (for the /attention/notice of the would be/bimmer fraternity). Maybe I'm idealistic: my idea of the purpose of car-club is to lift the standard of driving experience and to encourage knowledge sharing and to improve BM drivers/owners fellowship comparable to those in UK/US/Oz/NZ........That's the main reason i posted in this premier forum, hoping the experts/seniors here who might be upgrading n wish to sell to the newbie among the bm-community, or know another member intending to sell......On this score , I did find an interesting owner/seller elsewhere ,whose FS-posting (BMW E36 318 1997 Auto by Owner) at this forum was 'edited' by moderator for breach--n u know what is his motto?-- Qoute : Always buy BMW from a BMW Owner/Fans!-- I couldnt agree more. Pity his 318 is not 328 that i am looking for.

For your reference, the details he listed was very helpful for follow-up actions:
BMW E36 318 1997 Auto:
- Face-lift model
- Full-leather seats (almost scratchless)
- Airbag (Driver side)
- ABS Brakes
- Electronic Aircond with Auto-Climate control
- 17" sports rims
- Original Blaupunkt Sound system with 6-CD Changer at the car-boot
- High quality Viper Alarm System
- No water-leakage and engine overheating problem
- Well maintained by current owner with full service records every 5000km
- No problem with Engine, Gearbox and Aircond
- Clean interior (non-smoking owner)
- Shining body paint. Just like new.
- Gurantee Mint condition (see to believe)

Additional features to ensure buyer will enjoy worry-free ownership:
- New bodykits and high-quality 2k paint done in 2009
- Tyres changed in mid-2010
- New shock absorbers, arm-bush, ball-joint and mounting changed in 2010
- Brake pads changed in 2011
- Fuel-pump changed in 2011

Price: RM35000 only
with 6 photos

I am a Japanese car enthusiast, i thought i might try having an entry bm for the weekend for a start, but without the headache of spending most weekends at the workshop...

A well maintained E36 will be as reliable as a Japanese car. It is not that we are "kedekut ilmu" on BMWs to newbies, but there're specific threads in the forum that is dedicated to E36 and not to mention Google as well. Some of these threads are sticky, such as parts and maintenance cost, and you can do a search function on the thread, to get answer to your specific question.

What I'm trying to say here is, there is no "short cut" to getting the knowledge. Do more reading and make an informed decision to purchasing your 1st BMW. Good luck!

pdtan;660076 said:
you are right pardy, "Good things don't come cheap and cheap things ain't good. " I shd hv parrot all u said above, but being a newbee here, n was trying to be brief.... 1000 apologies.

I did found several (5?) going for sale currently in the non-club forums, ie muxxx, lowxxx,txxcar by dealers around the range of 1966-1999 for $20+K-37k but were not put up here, (for the /attention/notice of the would be/bimmer fraternity). Maybe I'm idealistic: my idea of the purpose of car-club is to lift the standard of driving experience and to encourage knowledge sharing and to improve BM drivers/owners fellowship comparable to those in UK/US/Oz/NZ........That's the main reason i posted in this premier forum, hoping the experts/seniors here who might be upgrading n wish to sell to the newbie among the bm-community, or know another member intending to sell......On this score , I did find an interesting owner/seller elsewhere ,whose FS-posting (BMW E36 318 1997 Auto by Owner) at this forum was 'edited' by moderator for breach--n u know what is his motto?-- Qoute : Always buy BMW from a BMW Owner/Fans!-- I couldnt agree more. Pity his 318 is not 328 that i am looking for.

For your reference, the details he listed was very helpful for follow-up actions:
BMW E36 318 1997 Auto:
- Face-lift model
- Full-leather seats (almost scratchless)
- Airbag (Driver side)
- ABS Brakes
- Electronic Aircond with Auto-Climate control
- 17" sports rims
- Original Blaupunkt Sound system with 6-CD Changer at the car-boot
- High quality Viper Alarm System
- No water-leakage and engine overheating problem
- Well maintained by current owner with full service records every 5000km
- No problem with Engine, Gearbox and Aircond
- Clean interior (non-smoking owner)
- Shining body paint. Just like new.
- Gurantee Mint condition (see to believe)

Additional features to ensure buyer will enjoy worry-free ownership:
- New bodykits and high-quality 2k paint done in 2009
- Tyres changed in mid-2010
- New shock absorbers, arm-bush, ball-joint and mounting changed in 2010
- Brake pads changed in 2011
- Fuel-pump changed in 2011

Price: RM35000 only
with 6 photos

I am a Japanese car enthusiast, i thought i might try having an entry bm for the weekend for a start, but without the headache of spending most weekends at the workshop...

John Smith has given the answer so I'll skip that. It is a culture to intro yourself at the Newbies section >> http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?30-Newbies

Then browse through the E36 sub-forum for more info on the car >>
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?69-E36

Along the way you will meet lots of friends, gurus, sifus and racuns...You may also join the TTs and gain more knowledge with the fellowship.

I also drive an E36 328i for over 6years and spent >50K and the price acquired back then was 90K. Its as reliable or better than Japanese makes knowing the beating it has taken and still given the Sheer Driving Pleasure and holds up to its tagline, simply the "Ultimate Driving Machine". Preventive maintenance saves you from headaches and stranded along road sides. Nevertheless, most bimmer lovers enjoy being at workshops. I always remind myself, BMWs is not for the "fainthearted". Hope you will find your ideal car. A little patience and passion will lead you to a Bimmer. Cheers Bro.

pardypeople;660169 said:
John Smith has given the answer so I'll skip that. It is a culture to intro yourself at the Newbies section >> http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?30-Newbies

Along the way you will meet lots of friends, gurus, sifus and racuns...You may also join the TTs and gain more knowledge with the fellowship.

I also drive an E36 328i for over 6years and spent >50K and the price acquired back then was 90K. Its as reliable or better than Japanese makes knowing the beating it has taken and still given the Sheer Driving Pleasure and holds up to its tagline, simply the "Ultimate Driving Machine". Preventive maintenance saves you from headaches and stranded along road sides. Nevertheless, most bimmer lovers enjoy being at workshops. I always remind myself, BMWs is not for the "fainthearted". Hope you will find your ideal car. A little patience and passion will lead you to a Bimmer. Cheers Bro.

Well said.. Hope I'll find one that I can call my own soon as well.

pdtan;659788 said:
Being looking for well-maintained, low mileage E36 328i, Can anybody here help?

Hi pdtan,i got a unit of E36 328i auto year 1997 in dark grey colour.If you intested to view sms me +6012-6800-806.Im in London now and be back in KL this sunday morning.
This car is well maintained with mileage 152k km.nice clean and well kept,complete set of original keys,owner manual and 4 new michelin tyres.A lot more to tell but i advice you to view the unit first for you to consider.

could you drop me an email? my add: maritasinternational@yahoo.com
i have the model your looking for, 328i, e-36, 1996 - black.
just changed the engine. currently getting the interior (seats) done up.
my girl friends car, we upgrading to e-46. hope to hear from you.
ARIFF

Hi PDTan,

I'm selling my 328, E36 colour Gold.... super high milage, but just completely re-built the engine and gearbox.

No vibrations
No jumps in gear change
Aircond - cold
Tires.... about 60% back, front -new
New Brake disc and pad all four

If interested let me know.

pardypeople;660169 said:

all the above for only 50K km in the 6 years.
its all worth every penny.
the 36 is a good car, joy to drive... soft or hard.

enJOY

Top Bottom