Wta: What is the offset for e36, 328i?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

PCW

Club Guest
Dear All Taikos and Sifus,I need some help, I am looking at upgrading my 17inch sports rims to 18inch for my e36, 328i.I would like to know, whether my e36, 328i will fit 18inch staggered rims with the following offset:-8jjx18h2-9jj18h2Do I need to add on any spacers or do any modifications inorder to fit 18inch rims with the above offsets. Currently, my e36 is running on eibach sport springs with standard absorbers. Or is there any particular thickness or width of tyre I need to use inorder to use the abovementioned 18inch offsets.Just out of curiosity, is the offset for e36 the same with that of e46? What is the offset for e36, 328i?Many thanks in advance.

Stock offset is 38 if I'm not wrong. With 8J in front you shouldn't have issues and probably won't need a spacer. Not sure what offset it should be at though cause this rims offset thing and whatnot still confuses me so don't know how to calculate the thing.

35-45 is the range which will fit. Original rims come with 38 offset if I recall correctly.

Dear All,

Thanks alot for all your kinds advices and inputs, really appreciate it. I am sorry for asking a silly question, as I am still new at this, so can my E36, fit the 18inch rims of this settings?

-8jjx18h2
-9jj18h2

Sorry again for asking silly question, and thanks once again.

Front 8J should be no problem. I'm running 8.5J in front, which by right shouldn't be cause I'm having problems with my rims touching the adjustment rings on my coilovers at a particular height (incidentally it's the height I want) and to solve it I have to use spacers.

From the research I did after encountering this problem I found out that for E36 the front rims should be no wider than 8J.

My setup is this:-
Front & Rear - 18x8.5J ET35 (with a 5mm spacer in front, although I'm not sure if this changes the front to ET30 or ET40...I'm always confused about this part)

Top Bottom