WTA E30 brake felt sticky when used?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vobs

Club Guest
Dear Sifu, Ermm dunno how to put it in words, heres what happen, hard braking occur, when let it go, it felt like a "pulling away from a magnet disc sound/feel", why is it? brake got problem? or its normal. please help, its stock E30 brake sys

Have your calipers serviced. If I remember correctly, e30s use floating calipers.

From Answers.com:

Floating caliper (single piston) designs are subject to failure due to sticking which can occur due to dirt or corrosion if the vehicle is not operated regularly. This can cause the pad attached to the caliper to rub on the disc when the brake is released.

http://www.answers.com/topic/disc-brake

1. calipers could be stucked- needs servicing or overhaul
2. servo not working properly-imbalance in the vaccum will cause inconsistent results

p.s. i have my old servo which i bought new 2 years back and works perfectly good, p.m me if yo are interested

thnx ya'll, after 2 days of driving, it turns out feeling like got magnet when u let go after hard breaking, a rough ''thok!'' sound each time hard braking occurs, sigh, i guess i need to send to bmw mech d. will let u guys knw when i get more info on the prob,thnx

went to stuggart for checkup, they say its the arm bushes gave way d coupled with two retired front absorbers , bought a set of arm bushes, havent fix, dunno where to go repair....

when you bought it at stuttgart, couldn't they fix it for you? I thought they have a workshop too.

yo,

yeah they have a workshop just right opposite, not too friendly so rather give business to somebody else

bro.. make sure u replace all the bushing ... better still no more headache in the future....

errr.. Still don't understand how the bushing caused your 'sticky brake' problem... Care to elaborate???

ermmm, as said earlier dunno how to put it in words on how the brakes felt, but its my bad for putting the wrong term "sticky".

let me elaborate further, hope you guys can understand what im trying to say, if not, then lets TT and i will explain thru actions hehe

when hard braking, it felt like the "lower arm and absorber was not intact" thus creating a "thong" sound each time press or release the brake, which in fact felt like putting on a magnet/pulling off a magnet away from a metal (magnet sticky). so thats how the sticky word came about...sorry if i confuse u guys ya:)

I just buy my E46 320I year 2001 at the end of MAY 2006.This Car are Un-registered..The KM is 26000km. This is my 2nd time for services..now KM is 36000KM

6L Lube Oil Semi-Total =RM 120
Oil Filter =RM 20
Lower Arm R/H =RM 460
Lower Arm Bush R/L =RM290
Rear Bush Mouting =RM100
Workmanship & Services =RM200
Front Wheel Aligmt =RM10
Total =RM1200

Its okey...Service at S&T Power in Jln Kapar,Klang

merz_e46 said:
I just buy my E46 320I year 2001 at the end of MAY 2006.This Car are Un-registered..The KM is 26000km. This is my 2nd time for services..now KM is 36000KM

6L Lube Oil Semi-Total =RM 120
Oil Filter =RM 20
Lower Arm R/H =RM 460
Lower Arm Bush R/L =RM290
Rear Bush Mouting =RM100
Workmanship & Services =RM200
Front Wheel Aligmt =RM10
Total =RM1200

Its okey...Service at S&T Power in Jln Kapar,Klang

Wrong thread to post??

fabianyee;172325 said:
errr.. Still don't understand how the bushing caused your 'sticky brake' problem... Care to elaborate???
fab.. i believe vobs was referring to the thud sound when the car is about to stop....i've experienced it once... i suspected the brakes calipers were the culprits but it was actually the bushings.... once i replaced them... the thud sound disappeared...

yeah yeah its exactly what i meant according to godspeed!:) went and replace the bushing, all thud sound gone!

Top Bottom