wheel spacer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ibrahim Hanif

Club Guest
What is the best wheel spacer and measurement for e46?.Is it best to go wide with spacers and 18" wheels to increase stability?.Need advice from sifus. :top:

why u need the spacer if you already have the correct offset rim ? If it for the look it will only increase the risk

I'm using spacer for my e92 M3, 15 mm front and 12 mm rear with OEM M-rims size 19". It is hubcentric type, Macht-Schnell brand bought from european autosource. So far no problem. It pushed the tyre/rim outward nicely filling the fender. No problem with balancing and no vibration up to 220 km/h of speed so far.

http://www.europeanautosource.com//

Zul;566968 said:
I'm using spacer for my e92 M3, 15 mm front and 12 mm rear with OEM M-rims size 19". It is hubcentric type, Macht-Schnell brand bought from european autosource. So far no problem. It pushed the tyre/rim outward nicely filling the fender. No problem with balancing and no vibration up to 220 km/h of speed so far.

http://www.europeanautosource.com//

:top: Where I can get it?. Any shop nearby?. Anyone at the shop who I can get advice about Macht-Schnell?.

Ibrahim Hanif;567143 said:
:top: Where I can get it?. Any shop nearby?. Anyone at the shop who I can get advice about Macht-Schnell?.

Initially tried to buy locally but difficult to get. U can try KL, I believe H&R also produce hubcentric spacer. I bought it directly from european autosource through internet. Bought few items from them so far no problem.

If possible buy the one complete with the nuts because U will need a longer nut. Ori nut is about 26 mm long. So add the length to the thickness of teh spacer. M&S spacer comes with the longer nuts.

tkew;566933 said:
why u need the spacer if you already have the correct offset rim ? If it for the look it will only increase the risk

Can you elaborate more on this? 'cos this is the first time I'm hearing this about spacers. What types of risks and how do the spacers increase them?

Ibrahim:
Spacers are safe to run as long as they match your center bore and made by a legitimate, reputable company such h&R and TUV approved. I had h&R on my both e30s without any issue. It's not just me, there are 1000's who run spacers without any issues.

re: long nuts means cannot use the ori wheel locks right? Any solutions to this, folks?

affan66;567216 said:
re: long nuts means cannot use the ori wheel locks right? Any solutions to this, folks?

When I orderd by spacer I ordered a longer wheel lock as well, thats why I ordered/bought from european outosource because they have a longer wheel lock as well.

Dear all,

I'm not familiar with this. Based on your experience would you all recommend me what brand and specific model of wheel spacers for e46. Safety is also priority. Much appreciated.

Brand?
Model?
Measurement?
Where to get?

Thanks & much appreciated

The first step is to measure the thickness of spacer U want to buy. Easiest was to measure is to put a long/straight stick or ruler at the side of your tyre vertically touching the upper and lower part of the tyre and extend it to the wheel fender. The gap between the stick/ruler to the fender is the max thickness U can put. Then start looking for a reputable spacer. I bought it from europeanautosource.com because they have various thickness, comes with the appropriate nut length for the spacer and they also have wheel lock for that same length. U can email them and they will reply all your question. Not sure whether the bore/diameter of the e92 M3 same as e46. If U search on the internet U can find various company manufacture the spacer.

me also surveying for my e60...found spacer in hupsun sunway around rm200 per piece. locally made so dont have any brand..dont know wether ok or not..

Top Bottom