What does it really cost?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

python_dev

Club Guest
Hi all, I'm new to the forum in Malaysia and just picked up a 1992 318i E36 with an M40 engine from Auction as a comfortable ride around town while I am working over here.Issue:The engine loses power over 4000 rpm, changed lifters and tappets improved things. slight wear on cam which didn't seem too bad but I still get a tappet rattle from the engine so I am assuming is from the cam.looking at 2 options1.) Replace Cam & possibly rockers2.) Top overhaulQuestion:I have been right throught the forum and seen all sorts of amounts thrown around but I am not sure exactly what it should cost in Malaysia and in RM.I can do conversions for back home but not 100% sure.also....Do they make a mild sports cam for the M40 available here?I'm not talking 9 second Quarter mile performance.. just something to get around that Kelisa that pulls out in front of you doing 80 on the highway and refuses to move out of the way sort of thing (you all know what I am talking about).Can anyone give me an idea of Cost of CamCost of OverhaulCost of labourin Malaysian Ringgit (RM)Much appreciated to all who reply.

It will be cheeper and better for you to change the engine to 2.5 M20 futher more better power and feul comsumption. Pm pussy he is the best man to consult.;)

Yeah I thought about that too.
sounds easy in one way but... you would need to go for a half cut and change all the suspension as well.
I don't really want to go that far (Yet). ;)

P.S.
would like to DIY but don't have all my tools... hard to get half a ton of tools onto an international flight in your luggage :p

Top Bottom