What Do Sway Bars Do?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I purposely drew this picture years ago to explain to my friends..

roll.jpg

Sway bar is to transfer load to the opposite wheel when one side is depressed, thus reducing the "sway", the thicker/stiffer the bar, the better it works. One good example is the old mini bus Wilayah, super thick sway bar can be seen from behind which prevents the bus from topple over despite fully loaded with passenger. Can still rempit in the tight KL roads.. :top:

astroboy;615888 said:

roll.jpg

Sway bar is to transfer load to the opposite wheel when one side is depressed, thus reducing the "sway", the thicker/stiffer the bar, the better it works. One good example is the old mini bus Wilayah, super thick sway bar can be seen from behind which prevents the bus from topple over despite fully loaded with passenger. Can still rempit in the tight KL roads.. :top:

antiroll bar = sway bars? correct me if i am wrong please :4:

astroboy;615888 said:

roll.jpg

There are reports of that minibus toppling before. Does that mean they did not use the sway bar?

Top Bottom