Water pump for M50b20

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yolk

Club Guest
Was reading through the forum and notice that there's two type of water pump for the e34. One metal and one plastic. What's the difference between the two ? From what I gather OE one is RM200+ and BMW one is RM300-400+. The one sold by AB is which one (metal or plastic) ?

I'm change it 5 or 6 months back, using original waterpump. The inner blade pump is lighter and it made from some sort of hard plastic material. Donno whether it's carbon fiber or not...hahahah :D

yolk.. change to the metal(brass) impeller.. about RM160.00 as for the original one, is stainless steel.. very hard to obtain..

Was doing some digging online and found this part number. Apparently this is the newer version that uses composite impeller instead of the disastrous plastic type.

M50water%20pumpb.jpg

No idea how much it costs though.

Pussy,
Itu brass punya is BMW one or OE one ? so cheap :ph34r: i saw previous postings all say around 200-300+ for metal one :dunno:

yolk, the picture you posted is bmw so called latest pump, however it's a composite plastic impeller.. will last till the pump leaks..

as for the brass type, it's after market.. quite decent, i even have the stainless steel one at home..

Yolk, my brother's e34 used plastic type..only last about 1 year, lepas tu hancur.....

MY car water pump last month suddenly crack ,before crack no any signal to you,now I use the metal material impeller,hope can lasting long period than plastics material

Top Bottom