Views On The New 3 Series Coupe

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chubby

Club Guest
Guys and Gals...Your views on the new E92 3 Series Coupe...especially the 335i Twin Turbo?.. :DI likeeeeee....I knew BMW gonna change the rear light clusters design :D :yahoo:

They're launching the 328i, 328xi and the 335i E92 here in the US. SOP this month, first deliveries sometime September.

Styling-wise: Not sure if the rear rump is sitting well with the rest of the car, seems long in the tail. The rear tail lamp cluster looks a little plain at first but initial pics in a real world setting starting to look good, very E65-ish. The front end is beautiful. The optional M-tech body kit is best avoided...very ugly and uninspiring. Can't wait to see what ACS/Hamman/Hartge/Breyton et al will come out with.

Engine: I have some reservations on the twin-turbo engine. The engine/exhaust note in the early videos are not very encouraging. I'd prefer the NA straight-six, haven't made my mind up on whether I like forced induction in my UDM (gasoline). Supposedly the power/torque delivery is linear.

Btw oil temp gauge will be added in place of the fuel economy gauge.

Interior: BMW added some upscale touches like chrome HVAC controls etc, can't wait to see it irl.

There is a chance I might attend a BMW NA/CCA 'ride and drive preview event' on the e92 in the next 2 months. If I do go, I'll write you guys, a full report.

Originally posted by chubby@Jul 15 2006, 10:03 PM
....I knew BMW gonna change the rear light clusters design :D

:yahoo:
:lol: A lot of people are not fans of the e90's rear light cluster/design.

The OEM Blacklines help though. Looks great with my Sparkling Graphite :yes!: Makes the rear, wider.

DSC00861.jpg

BMW should now facelift the E90 by transplanting the E92's taillights to the E90.

On the E92 itself, some say that it resembles the EG and EK series Honda Civic Coupe of the 1990s and the US-market-only Honda Accord Coupe! :p Despite that, I think the E92 looks good and is a sign that that BMW design is back to form.

It wpuld be a lovely car, will be my dream, hopefullyi in 5 years when price depriciate.

Astonishing...

(sounds like Jeremy Clarkson)

wglee: Normally facelifting dont change the original shape of the car

(I hope they do as wglee suggest, then wait for 2nd hand :nyehehe: )

One wonders how Chris manage to convince the board of directors over at BMW AG for the E92 design..

All UDM owner's nightmare is BMW becoming more and more American then Bavarian....

E92 : nice...... will stay clear of the turbos for the first 2 years till they get over the teething problems as this is bmw's first petrol turbo for about 20 years...... the last petrol turbo was the 745i in the mid eighties.....

now, i either need to strike a 6 d lottery to buy the car in Oct or wait a few years till the price of the e92 328 drops to sub RM180k.......

what do you reckon the price would be for 328 coupe - about RM440k based on the 330i being 410k

Originally posted by omegaoracle@Jul 17 2006, 04:22 AM
One wonders how Chris manage to convince the board of directors over at BMW AG for the E92 design..

Should be easy, after Chris Bangle took over design, sales of BMWs are higher than ever. The infamous Bangle Butt first seen on the E65/66 is now a much copied design feature on the new crop of cars including the mighty W-221 MB S class, the upcoming Lexus LS500, Toyota Avalon, Hyundai Azera etc etc Once chided and ridiculed, Bangleism is now celebrated...I am still not 100% convinced though, like most of us on these forums, we are traditionalists and purists.

The Z4 Coupe is the ultimate proof that his design philoshpy has come full circle, that car is gorgeous. I find the e90 the most appealing volume model in BMW's line up, I am still not comfortable with the eye lashes detail on the e60/61 and the e63/64, although they've cleaned up the e65/66 very well.

Btw you guys knew that the E90's designer (Japanese deginer Joji Nagashima, same guy behind the e39) had envisioned a different rear light cluster on the e90. Close to final signing off, Audi facelifted/introduced their B6 A4 and the taillights were deemed to look too similar hence the hasty redesign. The original e90 tail lamp cluster also looks like the new civics (at least US spec) i.e. reverse hockey sticks.

bmw305bem_195.jpg

Still find the E46 as a better look overally compared to the E90(the rear waja look) and E92(the rear sentra look). But still, end of the day if the sale is on the rise, who cares if they design a toad look alike

kl2dc...bro..u in washington rite?..studying or workin?..anyways...cool :D

:yahoo:

Although a hard-core purist (came with the love of E30s), you are definately spot on for the E90..

Hate to admit it (for Mr. B), but it sure has looks to kill.... :yes!:

Top Bottom