Video on the IDRIVE

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
A word of caution, if you instal any electronic stuffs into your new beemer you run the risk of loosing the warrenty. I was very keen to add a sub woofer to my anemic sounding system but have to live with it for another 1.5 years!!

hi johnchen,

really kah? even if we do plug and play install? how will they know, if we unplug b4 service? afterall we are tapping into the LCD screen only and not IDRIVE unit?

for the audio, are you sure? installing sub woofer voids ALL WARRRANTY?

Originally posted by BreytonE60@Oct 3 2005, 01:15 PM
hi johnchen,

really kah? even if we do plug and play install? how will they know, if we unplug b4 service? afterall we are tapping into the LCD screen only and not IDRIVE unit?

for the audio, are you sure? installing sub woofer voids ALL WARRRANTY?
That's what AB told me when I enquired about upgrading the sound system. They also don't have a supplier to do it without affecting the warrenty.

I suppose the electronics of this car is very complicated and they don't want anyone touching it. I wanted the phone craddle in the arm rest removed as that is a redundant piece of equipment. But they said to remove it totally will mean removing some electrical contact points so their advice is to leave it alone! Even they themselves are not confident that it will not screw up something else.

If you have other news or experience, do share!

Darn.....that is bordering on incompetency...this is frustrating...

They know less about their own cars so they do a blanket policy restricting all forms of install?

www.e60.net has some good pointers regarding mods for the E60.

Very curious to 'experiment'... B)

Top Bottom