Vibration from Rear

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shyang_my

Club Guest
The Vibration from Rear happens evertimes when i go more than 130kmh, and it become worse during 180kmh. I have change the rear axle and long shaft, but the problems still exists. does anyone facing this problems before? how you fix it ?

Hmm, sounds like my car too!!! But never did try taking it up to 180Kph!! :eek:
I was told could be the tyres. Sifus... any help??

my e36 328 also has vibration past 120-130km/h. it's coming from left
side.

foreman suspect exhaust box cause mountings found broken. but after
change mountings, still got vibration from left side.

shyang, is yours coming from left also?

Vibrations Check these:
1) Blister tires
2) Dented rims
3) Shimmy if u'r using wheel spacers
4) Worn suspension mountings
5) Improper alignment of propeller shaft

Funny... the vibration in not really significant but the sound is loud at around 120kph to 140kph. Faster than that and it lessens. weird but :nyehehe:

shyang, long time no hear ... tot u always send yer car to heritage eh? then they will outsourse to elsewhere.

anyway, ersalle listed out all probably causes already. just send yer car to reputable tyre shops, best wishes :)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

hi kahar !
thank you all for the comments. i'll send my car to tyre shop for a check. thx all !~

sent my car to a workshop in USJ, my car vibration from rear is cause by the Long shaft. any sifus here can tell me whether i should change a recon 1 or used 1 ? don't think that i can afford a brand new 1. as i know, recon 1 doesn't last long, isn't it ? wat about used 1 ? how long can it last? thanks for helping !

Ya. Mine is probably due to long-shaft or axel too. How much would it cost if it was the long shaft?

thanks sifus in advance

I believe the most likely suspect would be the rim, which is easy enough to check... just do an on-wheel balancing. Would be practical to eliminate this as a source first before replacing the long shaft...

Checked with my Mech... wheel balanced so no more vibration but there is still a humming noise from the rear right wheel. He staed, confirmed not bearings but could be longshaft or axel.

Which is most possible? and which is more expensive to replace?

Thanks

i replace the axle for RM700(used). but it doesn't help to prevent the noise. told by mechanic that the vibration definitely causing by the long shaft. try to call M-Speed (Ah Meng). i think he got long shaft for replacement.

Originally posted by Afro_D@Nov 5 2005, 10:49 AM
Checked with my Mech... wheel balanced so no more vibration but there is still a humming noise from the rear right wheel. He staed, confirmed not bearings but could be longshaft or axel.

Which is most possible? and which is more expensive to replace?

Thanks
I still don't think its the longshaft or the axle, if it only comes from the right side. Wheel bearing is the more likely suspect. Maybe get a second opinion from another workshop?

Also, since there's no vibration, it might not be worth it to replace the longshaft or axle purely to get rid of the noise. I'd simply go for some soundproofing behind the rear seats... cheaper option...

Originally posted by shyang_my@Nov 6 2005, 02:27 PM
i replace the axle for RM700(used). but it doesn't help to prevent the noise. told by mechanic that the vibration definitely causing by the long shaft. try to call M-Speed (Ah Meng). i think he got long shaft for replacement.
shyang,

let me know whether your rear vibration is finally cured... have always wondered if the axle or shaft is the culprit...

Top Bottom